August 23, 2009
As announced earlier, sign-ups for our upcoming Nations’ Cup open today at 20:00 CEST. Any national team which represents a country and that can field a team is welcome to enter. You can sign up to the group phase the usual way. In the group phase teams will be divided by their skill level, which prevents the top teams from eliminating each other in the group phase. The size and amount of groups will be determined by the amount of participating nations.
The teams will have one month to complete all their group phase matches, from 1st September to 1st October. After that, the best teams from each group will advance to the playoff stage.
- Signups open: TODAY, 20:00 CEST – [Sign Up]
- Signups close: 30 August, 23:59 CEST
- Group stage starts: 1 September
- Group stage ends: 1 October
- Playoff stage starts: 2 October
The normal ETF2L rules I’m sure you are familiar with will apply for this competition. If not, you can read them here: [Link] Note: rules on spy/sniper unlocks, as well as the Force-a-nature are subject to change, pending the current polls on the subject. These will be updated before the competition starts.
The special rules and guidelines of this competition can be found here [Link]. Below you can find the most important ones.
- During a match, a national team cannot field more than 3 players from the same team.
- A national team has to consist of at least 7 players.
- The played maps can be changed to include the winner of our mapping contest. Any changes will happen before the competition starts.