Forum

Twitch Sniper/Flicking

Created 20th October 2015 @ 16:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Selve

So when I watch competitive snipers like leaky snipe, I notice that they flick, meaning that they wave their crosshair over the enemies face and get the headshot right as the crosshair is right over the head. However, is flicking/twitching a good strategy for sniper or should you just track instead? If flicking is good, how can I practice it?

Last edited by Selve,

senko

PINT BLACK

Personnal preference
But tracking is a a lot harder than flicking imo

WML

It comes naturally really in terms of movement, mouse sensitivity can also affect your tracking style as well.

cinder

You need both to be honest. Tracking for longer distances and flicking for closer. You simply can’t trace a scout’s head when he’s double-jumping all over your face.

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from cinder

You need both to be honest. Tracking for longer distances and flicking for closer. You simply can’t trace a scout’s head when he’s double-jumping all over your face.

There is no being honest about sensitivity, it’s alll personal preference.
Surely, you’ll see a lot of people that flick for close range shots, but I know from myself personally that I can track equally as good as I can flick, regardless of the range.

It just all comes with playing a lot.

cloudy

CBT

Just shoot people in the head

Ignis

SVIFT

did you just say “leaky” and “competitive” in the same sentence

Stormin

practice flicking on walkway on both close and long ranges and same with tracking because you need both

Last edited by Stormin,

Selve

Quoted from Stormin

practice flicking on walkway on both close and long ranges and same with tracking because you need both

Thx man!!

Phnx

if you can track you’ll be a lot more consistent, it’s hard but worth practicing.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Why would you track with the sniper? It’s not a pistol or SMG where it’s constant damage, when your crosshair is on the head, why would you keep tracking instead of shooting?

firej

Quoted from MIndYe

Why would you track with the sniper? It’s not a pistol or SMG where it’s constant damage, when your crosshair is on the head, why would you keep tracking instead of shooting?

because you track them and when you can shoot again you click ?
Quoted from Ignis

thats what i thought :v)

Selve

Quoted from Ignis

Lol soz. I don’t watch too much competitive. I’m kinda new (read: complete noob) to tf2 competitive.

Last edited by Selve,

phromelo

8-)

Quoted from senko

But tracking is a a lot harder than flicking imo

how is tracking harder?

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

In matches you dont think like “should i flick or track this shot” sp just click on the head

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »