Forum

Looking for a 6s demo mentor :)

Created 23rd July 2015 @ 22:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

tim.

So, I decided that I don’t want to medic anymore and since I love the unloved classes – I’m getting into demo. Thing is – I’m not as good as I would like to. So, if there’s some pro demo which would spare the time to give me a few helpful tips in the form of maptalks and demoreviews, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m a good and patient mentee. I’m 20 years of age and my IQ is even slightly higher.

Add me for good times, last season my team had a shitty leader but I can teach you a trick or two

tim.

I said pro demos, kkaltuu, you hoovy main…

tim.

I’ll be playing in open, just fyi

Nadav

.o/

Quoted from tim.

LOL

Tuffy

pd!

Quoted from tim.

rip

DUCKSLAYER

Quoted from tim.

https://36.media.tumblr.com/91301d1028ac44037a2c8c5343aa4c14/tumblr_nih6av3wju1ssawb4o2_500.jpg

Feri

MF

d e s t r o y e d https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/avatars/E06531D2F81144403041165197312_3662032c23c.0.1.jpg?versionId=r98rb3e7FnFVxJqprTLzorAkH5b_hGU7

Mr.XxX

@kKaltUu

rest in peperoni

dat burn

Last edited by Mr.XxX,

Mr.XxX

Mr.XxX.ch: no worries
Mr.XxX.ch: but i think you need to open a new one
Mr.XxX.ch: cuz its already filling with #burms
Mr.XxX.ch: burn*
tim.: haha, well i’ll let kkaltuu enjoy the cold water for a while :D
Mr.XxX.ch: omg
Mr.XxX.ch: dat burn thou

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Don’t need a Pro Demo to teach you to Demo in Open, just work on your mechanics and Demoman basics, plus general gamesense around the big picture. Kkaltuu could definitely help you cos though he’s probably a shit Demoman, he would still have the gamesense when analyzing the team game to tell you how to play around the present situation….though he does probably have shit mechanics. But I bet he could play Demo in at least Mid??? (Maybe not).

Watch some MyGamingEdge videos on Youtube – It’s old, so playstyles are slightly different but it teaches you some basics plus analysis of where you fit into the game overall depending on the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sNu-ZNbuqY&index=39&list=PLD098F81F2CA74F00

Play some tr_walkways and get consistent at hitting easy shots, practise rollouts and sticky jumping and strafing/movement (Pays to learn to rocket jump).

Last edited by Hildreth,

tim.

Well, kkaltuu is (was) in my mid team, so we’re just joking around (I was his leader on which he was bashing). I watched all vanilla insights, all mge and all other pov videos that I could find. I play about 1 hour of tr_nowbots, tr_rocket_shooting and tr_walkway every day and spent my last year of bad internet connection doing that and practicing rollouts (which I get 90% of the time nowadays spot on). So, my pill aim is improving slowly, my rollouts are alright (for open atleast), my stickies are a bit off – so my dmg output isn’t too impressive. I’d say that’s porbably due to poor positioning and not really picking the right spamming areas, since aiming stickies is a non sequitur.

Tuffy

pd!

I understand better now. It was still a nice burn

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

add me

Phnx

Quoted from tim.

Well, kkaltuu is (was) in my mid team, so we’re just joking around (I was his leader on which he was bashing). I watched all vanilla insights, all mge and all other pov videos that I could find. I play about 1 hour of tr_nowbots, tr_rocket_shooting and tr_walkway every day and spent my last year of bad internet connection doing that and practicing rollouts (which I get 90% of the time nowadays spot on). So, my pill aim is improving slowly, my rollouts are alright (for open atleast), my stickies are a bit off – so my dmg output isn’t too impressive. I’d say that’s porbably due to poor positioning and not really picking the right spamming areas, since aiming stickies is a non sequitur.

practice on actually hitting your stickies accurately, doesn’t matter how stupid it sounds so many demos just can’t hit long range sticks / close range for 80+ dmg.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »