REVERTO

Quoted from SorroW

[…]
ur not prem or div1 :):):):):):)
<3

THATS NOT WHAT MY INVENTORY SAYS

byte

Quoted from quintosh

you only lose the 0,5 seconds when you switch targets, not when you click a target multiple times (because with autoheal on after clicking the target and letting go the autoheal breaks and heals again after like a few milliseconds)

A msg from UCAP. CVM:

“Doesn’t drain based on each time you flash, it’s entirely dependent on how many targets are simultaneously ubered. I could flash the same target repeatedly and there would be no additional drain, still 8 seconds.

Or even save time by flashing more slowly. If you let go of a target and flash another after 1.5 seconds, your uber will still last 8 seconds.”

Cheers

Byte

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from byte

[…]

A msg from UCAP. CVM:

“Doesn’t drain based on each time you flash, it’s entirely dependent on how many targets are simultaneously ubered. I could flash the same target repeatedly and there would be no additional drain, still 8 seconds.

Or even save time by flashing more slowly. If you let go of a target and flash another after 1.5 seconds, your uber will still last 8 seconds.”

Cheers

Byte

exactly what i said:)

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from quintosh

[…]
exactly what i said:)

Quoted from quintosh

you only lose the 0,5 seconds when you switch targets

Close, but no cigar.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from byte

[…]

So if you multi for the entire duration of the uber, but only between two targets, the uber will last for 6.5 seconds, did i get it right?

Leif

No reason in consuming my m2 key so use autoheal

Setsul

Über drain rate is not calculated by the number of targets übered, it’s 12.5%/s + 6.25%/s * number of targets übered, but not being healed aka flashed.

That means that you lose 0.5s of über for every second any target got flashing über.
So if you über one target, stop healing, wait until the flashing über is over, heal it again and so on you loose über. If you wait before über a new target after you stopped healing the first one, you loose über (exactly the same amount as if you had übered the 2nd target right away).

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from BaR

[…]

THATS NOT WHAT MY INVENTORY SAYS

AWWW SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CVM

8D

Quoted from Setsul

Über drain rate is not calculated by the number of targets übered, it’s 12.5%/s + 6.25%/s * number of targets übered, but not being healed aka flashed.

That means that you lose 0.5s of über for every second any target got flashing über.
So if you über one target, stop healing, wait until the flashing über is over, heal it again and so on you loose über. If you wait before über a new target after you stopped healing the first one, you loose über (exactly the same amount as if you had übered the 2nd target right away).

That’s actually incorrect. The uber drain rate is increased only while multiple players are under the effect of the uber. Changing targets has no effect at all on uber drain rate – it only appears to do so because generally when you switch targets you’re already ubering someone else anyway, so you end up with 2 ubered targets.

If you uber a player for 3 seconds, then stop, wait 1 second, then uber any other player, you’ll still have 4 seconds of uber left, since there was no period of overlap. Only the overlap causes the drain rate increase.

If you time things right, you could technically flash 7 or 8 times and still have the full uber duration of 8 seconds (literally, flash player, wait 1 second, flash another player, wait 1 second, repeat). In practical terms, this is never likely to happen but it’s worth understanding that the uber will still last 8 seconds unless you see 2 or more heal targets ubered at the same time.

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
So if you multi for the entire duration of the uber, but only between two targets, the uber will last for 6.5 seconds, did i get it right?

Depends on how you time your switching between the players.

For 2 players at the same time, the drain rate is 12.5% + (0.5 * 12.5% * (2 – 1)) = 18.75%
100% / 18.75% = 5.33 seconds

This assumes that you keep both players invulnerable for the entire uber duration, rapidly clicking them both the whole way. If there are periods where one player is not ubered, the time could be anything between 5.33 and 7.5 seconds. It depends on how much time you have 2 people ubered vs 1 person ubered.

As a rule of thumb, each time you switch between targets you lose 0.5 seconds, but even with frantic switching the worst you’ll get from a 2 player uber share is 5.33 seconds.

tl;dr: Changing uber recipients doesn’t reduce uber duration – having simultaneous uber recipients does.

Bonus: Quick diagram illustrating how the timing of your flashes influences the overall uber duration – http://s11.postimg.org/vagj2st37/uber_decay.png

Carlos Kaiser

And to sum it up, Kritz, Vaccinator and QF charges always last for 8 seconds, since there is no “fading” effect there, right?

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

And to sum it up, Kritz, Vaccinator and QF charges always last for 8 seconds, since there is no “fading” effect there, right?

dunno about vaccinator but kritz and qf work the same as regular uber charges

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

citation fucking needed on this medic nerd-off

post ur sources or gtfo

CVM

8D

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

dunno about vaccinator but kritz and qf work the same as regular uber charges

Will give this a test later, but pretty sure they have the same “fade” time, irrespective of whether the recipient receives the medigun’s effect during that time.

Quoted from Sideshow

citation fucking needed on this medic nerd-off

post ur sources or gtfo

Old source that forms the foundation of what I’ve explained and diagrammed (includes explanation from Robin Walker): http://kumadaboss.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/medic-ubercharge-mechanics/

But in practical terms, it’s not that hard to see the rate of uber decay accelerate as you uber a 2nd patient and watch it slow down again after their uber fades. Just watch the charge number.

Jimmi

[GRäS]

0.5 is why you lost to usain bolt

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »