Forum

A question to prem/div 1 medics

Created 2nd January 2014 @ 22:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Carlos Kaiser

Autoheal on or off?
The reasoning behind it?
Is it your personal preference, or all medics at the highest level use the same setting?
Thank you in advance.

vani

Bully

Counter question
Do you want to hold down mouse 1 for 30 minutes?
Theres no reason to not leave it on
Nobody leaves it on
I think
I hope

ash

(Legend)
:D

With autoheal on you can still hold the button down 30min if you feel like it, but you have the option to take your hand off the mouse to like scratch your nose or w/e without letting go of your movement keys.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from vani

The thing is that i heard from different people that the autoheal makes the medigun beam to break more, and i wanted to know if it’s true.

AnimaL

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
The thing is that i heard from different people that the autoheal makes the medigun beam to break more, and i wanted to know if it’s true.

thats just a graphical glitch

the only issue with leaving autoheal on is wasting more uber than you do without autoheal when you switch ubered targets

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from AnimaL

thats just a graphical glitch

the only issue with leaving autoheal on is wasting more uber than you do without autoheal when you switch ubered targets

why would it do that?

quintosh

wL.

you only lose the 0,5 seconds when you switch targets, not when you click a target multiple times (because with autoheal on after clicking the target and letting go the autoheal breaks and heals again after like a few milliseconds)

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from quintosh

you only lose the 0,5 seconds when you switch targets, not when you click a target multiple times (because with autoheal on after clicking the target and letting go the autoheal breaks and heals again after like a few milliseconds)

well I never knew that, seems odd that it’s not common knowledge

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from quintosh

But effectively you are healing the first target 0.5 seconds longer than without the autoheal and thus giving him that 0.5 seconds longer flash. I guess the net total uber will be shorter because of that though yeah.

Also, for the same reason, uber builds faster when healing multiple targets in a row with autoheal enabled.

Last edited by skeej,

AnimaL

so really, there are 3 options:
no autoheal – waste time building uber because you brake beam every time you switch someone, but have better control over ubered targets and more uber time if you uber multiple ppl
script autoheal – same time wasting when building uber, but now you don’t have to hold mouse1, ubers should be just like without autoheal
autoheal on – fastest way of building uber, but imo very clumsy ubering compared to no autoheal

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from AnimaL

so really, there are 3 options

Fourth option: Have a bind to disable autoheal on pressing mouse2, and another bind to enable it manually after ubering.
What could possibly go wrong here?

quintosh

wL.

you dont lose time when ubering with autoheal

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

I don’t know who to believe.

Ace

Personal preference, I have it toggled on (I still tend to hold down mouse1 anyway, brain damaged).
Just play with whatever feels the most natural, it’s not going to make you a better medic anyway. And that’s a general advice to all low div medics out there: Don’t bother wasting a lot of time tweaking your game to gain some microscopic edge (if any at all), use whatever feels natural, and spend time improving your medicing. Or even better, don’t spend time on TF2 at all! :D

BaR

REVERTO

Quoted from vani

Counter question
Do you want to hold down mouse 1 for 30 minutes?
Nobody leaves it on
I think
I hope

i do :<

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »