Forum

Terrible hitreg with all weapons.

Created 2nd June 2010 @ 15:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

RareSpycrab

OK I tryed putting my interp at 0.033 and that helped a small bit. I Have lag compensation set to 1 and i have my fps capped at 60 (which its at constantly) I still have pretty bad hitreg. If it helps it kindve seems like the models are actually ahead of the hitboxes. Because when im speccing people they’re shooting behind theyre target and hitting them.

quad

Quoted from RareSpycrab

OK I tryed putting my interp at 0.033 and that helped a small bit. I Have lag compensation set to 1 and i have my fps capped at 60 (which its at constantly) I still have pretty bad hitreg. If it helps it kindve seems like the models are actually ahead of the hitboxes. Because when im speccing people they’re shooting behind theyre target and hitting them.

Try download JHs config from ESL site.

Dogghi

бекон

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

killer xenon pro gaming card, that is all…

i lol’d

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

dunno if this works wonders but try cl_smooth 0

Gideon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSHbx33S8iA

at 0:17, hitreg not working on most russian, belorusian and ukrainian players.

I have a lot proofs but too lazy to make vids.

Last edited by Gideon,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I actually found a solution to my problem which involved two things:

1. I set an fps_max to just below it’s average peak, so mine is fps_max 100
2. I changed from windowed + noborder mode to full screen mode.

Now for some reason this has helped me alot, I’m only on a slow laptop so maybe the improvement is down to going full screen, or maybe it’s all just a placebo effect and it didn’t do shit but still.

It might be worth a try for some o’ ya’ll.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from RareSpycrab

Because when im speccing people they’re shooting behind theyre target and hitting them.

When speccing people you can’t see their lag compensation so speccing people cant be used to judge hitboxes

Disclaimer: afaik, it goes for stv’s anyways.

Reload

BiG
BiG

Same goes for in-game I think, especially with snipers

ouch

maybe I went insane and got even worse with hitscan weapons or tf2 is getting more unpredicatable with every update.

I remember the times when I was able to give headshots as a sniper and dealing more than 50 damage as a scout. playing around with interp and stuff wasn’t working as well so yeah I’ll try WARs solution.

(note: it is possible that I just suck / getting old is not for sissies)

metalpiss

cl_smooth 0 I think does the trick. I just installed m0re’s fps config which has that setting (and probably others that also help…though I replaced some of the net settings with ones that work for me) and now my hitreg is much better than playing the game maxed out for some reason…Plus that now I have fps_max 120 and never ever goes below that.

Beetle

PwR

Quoted from RareSpycrab

I have to shoot slightly behind people to hit them aswell, I am kind of used to it now since I have always had this problem and just put up with it, but if you find a solution that works for you pls give me a shout :)

wpminnows

[PG]

i get this too

goddamn every pellet visibly hitting a scout at pointblank and doing no damage augh

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3