Forum

Reflex by TurboPixel - Just another new old-school arena fps

Created 20th September 2014 @ 14:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

cirlo

cirlo

Take a look at this project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191095869/reflex

Do you belive in this (and others) wish to bring back arena fps?

quintosh

wL.

360k AUD wtf?

tavi

A51

Quoting newborn from the developement team:
“It’s a years wage for 3 developers (with minor paycuts from what we’re making now) + money for contract work such as animation, concept art, boring lawyer stuff + tax/fees/etc.

It’s a lot, but it’s what it will cost to do the game properly — we’ve taken it as far as we can developing out of hours using my now-entirely-depleted savings. “

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

looks cool, but what’s really new in it?

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

in my opinion, you could play quake aswell and there would be no difference

iQue

keso

Been following this game for a while, can’t wait! It’s pretty amazing how far they’ve gotten already in such an early stage. Yes, it’s very similar to Quake 3 cpma but what’s really interesting is everything surrounding the game. Just read the Kickstarter and you’ll see they have very grand plans. It’s basically taking that game into the 21st century and then some.

Obviously if this kind of shooter doesn’t appeal to you I can only give you my condolences for having such poor taste )))

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

What does this game do that Q3 or Warsow don’t, aside from eye-searing bloom on every light source?

iQue

keso

Quoted from emb

What does this game do that Q3 or Warsow don’t, aside from eye-searing bloom on every light source?

The game will feature a high contrast mode similar to high picmip quake with smooth textures as well as settings to turn off what you want

How hard is it to just look at the Kickstarter for what the game does? CPMA/Warsow/QLive/whatever only offers a fraction of what Reflex promises, and most of that only outside the game

Either way sexy 60 fps trailer is here

Last edited by iQue,

ondkaja

IKEA

looks pretty good

kindred

myx
SDCK!

WHY NOT JUST PLAY CPMA?

1. It’s not that active. It’s definitely active enough to jump on and enjoy at any time, but people started to lose interest in a 15 year old game. its age shows in its bugs and difficulties when trying to get it to work for the first time.
2. for some people, setting up CPMA is like trying to decode fucking ancient hieroglyphics or something, and some people are unable to get it to work without major problems at all
3. if you’re new, you’ll be losing 80 to -10 for a good couple of weeks until you start losing 40 to 1. It’s a pretty good indication of a very skill-controlled game, but some people find it hard to keep playing until they can win sometimes.

WHY YOU SHOULD WANT TO PLAY REFLEX:
1. they are aiming to make it very similar to CPMA with all the good bits left in (god-tier netcode, fast movement with airstrafing, fast rockets, fast weapon switch, stairjumps) and will have added tutorials and matchmaking to help ease newbies into the game
2. there will be a big wave of arena FPS games appearing in the next 2 years, and reflex will be the best of them even if not the most popular
3. it’s pay once to play, no microtransaction bullshit
4. esports or something? ($$$csgo$$$)

Last edited by kindred,

Lobsteri

cant wait to play ctf in this

Leif

who cares fps arena nowadays, they’re all dead

iQue

keso

Quoted from Leif

who cares fps arena nowadays, they’re all dead

That’s what they’re trying to change!

Regardless, here is the greenlight page for anyone interested http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317361451

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

The movement system looks pretty slick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxnwax7jzYs

If nothing else, the game is guaranteed a big variety of jump maps.

Phnx

pay once is the only reason why I would play this over quake live… I don’t see much new in it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »