Forum

Anyone work out/body build/go to the gym?

Created 3rd June 2013 @ 02:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

lolage

TSPAG

Hi

Basically I’m a skinny fuck, recently joined a gym and am starting to notice small improvements which is nice but want to make recovery better and speed up the process by using a protein shake and maybe a weight gainer.

Anyone know a fair bit about these? If so could we speak on steam? :]

Cheers

Allyy

nice work aiming your question at a forum for gamers – stereotypically holding a majority of either similarly skinny fucks or fat nerds, gl anyway :D

onerule

Pound after pound of tuna :D

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I use myprotein.com for that stuff, they’re good value and non-hypey. For recovery you want a small amount of sugar along with the protein, and 5g of creatine. There’s no shortcuts though.

r1k

Syn

If your going to use protein then i suggest getting whey protein to start with. Its full of “REAL” protein from eggs/milk and will help your muscles recover fast. If you then want to get even bigger size, simply start eating more and use mass/bulk protein. Make sure you take them 15 mins before and/or after your workout as that is when it is most effective :)

Septique

Eat more

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Septique

Eat more

+eat healthy. cut the takeaways and bring your own celery tree to lan :D

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Ask Fenrir, heard he lifts.

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Eat on a 500 calorie surplus, drink about 3 liters of water a day, sleep ~8 hours every night.
You can drink a wheyshake afer each training(doenst need to be right after the training, thats just bullshit the industry tells you) if you want but its not necessary if you sorted out your diet.
Fuck creatine, at the the beginning you wont notice a difference anyway.

Also post your routine pls

Mayowa05

free
BuZzBuZz

IMO from what I’ve seen Protein shakes don’t really help all that much with gaining mass and you may as well just eat a lot of chicken, eggs and meat which is what I prefer to do. And for recovery, after a few weeks of going to the gym you recover faster naturally, although that does take time.

Basically what you need to do for bulking is eat a ton of carbs and protein, the amount you must eat in order to gain is ridiculous and at first it can be really tough but after a while you get used to it and its the only way to get bigger + stronger quickly. I’m in the process of bulking now for rugby season in the autumn and I’m making more gains than my team mates using protein shakes because I have a good gym program and my diet is all sorted.

Also what sidestep said + post your workout :)

Last edited by Mayowa05,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

You should ask Spawn from GoT<3. He is always trying to intimidate girls with his six-pack.. and trying to get us on shakes. I prefer macdonald shakes though.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

talk to trane, hench motherfucker

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Well I think you’re just perfect the way you are lolage, fuck da image police!

Last edited by Monkeh,

LaMqTa

fenneks

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/11073_421825184576445_105819108_n.jpg

Trane

Google the Harris benedict equation and calculate your total daily energy expenditure based on BMR+the rough amount of activity you do. Add 500-700 kcal to that number and you will be able to gain muscle provided your workout is decent. Eat around 2g of protein per kg bodyweight, and 1g of fat. Eat a variety of protein/carbs/fats that then takes you up to your kcal requirement.

Try and eat a variety of good whole foods and plenty of veg. The only supps I use are a whey protein (for convenience) and creatine monohydrate (in powder form – much cheaper). Weight gainers are expensive, pointless, and full of sugar. Make your own weight gain shakes if you like, whey, fine oats, milk, peanut butter, bananas etc and a blender.

Pick a good gym routine based on complex exercises with free weights. Squats, deadlifts, bench press, pullups, rows, overhead press – the fundamentals of any good program. Feel free to chat to me on steam if you like lolage, I help a few people in this area :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »