Forum

Turbine "exploit" - Should this be banned in ETF2L?

Created 21st September 2008 @ 01:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Haunter

league will make a statement soon, so just wait

but i would like to add, just because some ppl cant do it, ITS NOT A VALID REASON TO BAN IT :)

AnimaL

tbh its easy to get up there, ban it

compton

cvx|

Competitive play involves all of the tools the game offers, including those that are in the game by accident. The only exploits that should be banned in leagues are those that remove the purpose of playing for one or both teams or those that give advantage only to the other team. This trick belongs to neither of those. I don’t know if ETF2L shares this philosophy, but it well should :)

Whether the trick should be removed from the map is personal preference and has nothing to do with the question whether it should be banned.

veehell

-cavalier-

BTW: we tried to master the “turbine jump” yesterday and it seems that all classe are able to jump there, only heavy guy is not able to do so.

Haunter

heavy is able :)

Haunter

Ok guys! for now we decided to allow the bugs/map features, whatever u want to call it, if valve fixes it, we play with the fixes, if they dont we play without the fixes :)

Basicly, we will play the map as it is

ploddi

Simple trick with invisible clip-brush, for smooth corners. There is thousands of it on cs 1.6 maps. But author of map also done strange top slice, allow to use it for jump :/

Netsky

[sarcasm]give it some color and it’s no longer invisible -> allowed? [/sarcasm]

all I mean is, because it’s invisible some want to forbid it… so just lets make turbine custom again, with the creator putting some paint on that brush -> allowed ;)

for the actual situation I would say allowed, because you could also argue on “scout-only-paths” like… lets take badlands: between the middle ans the second point next to the resupply where that kind of bridge is, you can run along the wall because of a small piece of wood… ok this isn’t scout only but still I think it’s the same, you gain an advantage by running on a for real life impossible place to walk on.

Devil

-cavalier-

hmm.. and anyone can tell me, how to get there? Cause I tried it, and cant jump there with medic..

What is the right button pres?

Qun

GoT<3

@Devil
Jump?

methoD

Be

Like i care

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3