Forum

SourceTV config for all you lazy admins, :P

Created 9th September 2009 @ 20:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Hey guys,

I posted this in another thread earlier but I doubt many people saw it, so if your struggling with SourceTV this should be supah useful.

Ok, heres a config you can slap in your servers etf2l config or server.cfg or whatever.

//Team Fortress 2 Source TV Config
//This will strangely enough, enable SourceTV
tv_enable "1"

//This is simply the port SourceTV uses, make sure you don't set it to the same one
//as your actual game server or SourceTV will use a different port and you won't have
//have a clue what it is.
tv_port "27050"

//This simply sets how many seconds delayed SourceTV is behind the actual game.
tv_delay "45"

//You win a cookie if you can guess what this does
tv_password ""

//You get another cookie if you guess what this does too!
tv_maxclients "100"

//This is simply the password a relay server will need to use.
tv_relaypassword "etf2lrelay"

//This is the name that SourceTV will show as in spectate to players on the actual server
tv_title "SourceTV"

//This is the name that SourceTV will have in the server browser and to anyone on it
tv_name "SourceTV"

//This will simply hold the map change till the broadcast has finnished. I.E. If you
//do "rcon changelevel cp_badlands", and tv_delay is 60, it will wait 60 seconds for
//the map to change to allow all spectators to see everything up to that rcon command.
//This will stop spectators from missing say the last 30 seconds due to a team map
//changing quickly.
tv_delaymapchange "1"

//This will allow people to noclip spectate the match instead of just a single person.
tv_allow_camera_man "1"

//This will stop SourceTV from auto-recording demos. Its advisable to leave this off so you don't end up with massively laggy servers and 500MB demo files that are 36 hours long.
tv_autorecord "0"

//These some other commands which you shouldn't need to change but feel free to if
//you know what they do.
tv_maxrate "6000"
tv_snapshotrate "16"
tv_relayvoice "1"
tv_debug "0"
tv_transmitall "1"
tv_dispatchmode "1"
tv_overridemaster "0"
tv_chattimelimit "0"

As well as those cvars, theres a couple of useful commands:

tv_record
This will record a SourceTV demo, works exactly the same way as the normal client record command. tv_stoprecord will stop the recording.

tv_status
Much like the main in-game status command, it will print some small info about the STV status such as if a demo is being recorded, how many slots are used, the IP/Port, etc,,,

tv_msg
This will just send a message in the text chat which will only be seen by people in SourceTV, i.e.
tv_msg “Hey guys, Badlands is the second map so we will be changing in a second”

tv_clients
Similar to the tv_status command, it will print all the same information about people connected as the status command would on an actual gameserver.

find tv_
This will print all of the commands starting with tv_ and a small explanation about each one. Do it in TF2 (dosen’t need to be via rcon) at any time if you need a help with it. find will actually work for any cvar in the entire game and any source game for that matter.

VERY IMPORTANT: You MUST change map (even if its to the same map) to enable SourceTV, but you will only need to do this once. You will need to do this after any server restart.

Hope thats useful to someone and that we actually get some people using STV properly now. :P

NOTE: It is possible to disable the use of sourceTV on a server, off the top of my head the only people who do this is ukgame, but there is likely others.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Atleast implement the waiting on map-change to the config. Really annoying to have the stream cut off.

AnimaL

you also need to change map to enable sv_pure… but thats maybe just offtopic

Skyride

DUCS

you also need to change map to enable sv_pure… but thats maybe just offtopic

Its amazing the amount of people who don’t know that. I guess its not like it tells you when you change it via rcon, oh wait…

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Some useful stuff there, thanks. One question though, what’s the load on a server like when lots of people are connected to Source TV? Is one tv spec equivalent to 1 or 2 (or whatever) normal players or specs, or does it not work like that?

Skyride

DUCS

Some useful stuff there, thanks. One question though, what’s the load on a server like when lots of people are connected to Source TV? Is one tv spec equivalent to 1 or 2 (or whatever) normal players or specs, or does it not work like that?

Its a touch more dynamic than that, but bassically, SourceTV viewers have VASTLY less load on the server compared to actual players. Imo though, If your going to have more than 15 or so people watching on a match then its well worth setting up a relay server (which is actually just a case of giving a normal server a few rcon commands).

sKaz

KP

This isn’t good for the new ETF2L config, delay needs to be 90, autorecord on..

and a question, is there an event/command – matchend or tournamentend , i mean when you finish the Tournament to the timelimmit or win limmit..
if you know so il make a CFG for it to auto stop the auto record everytime the tournament ends (and when it starts the record will start too)

and a question, is there an event/command – matchend or tournamentend , i mean when you finish the Tournament to the timelimmit or win limmit..
if you know so il make a CFG for it to auto stop the auto record everytime the tournament ends (and when it starts the record will start too)

Why should autorecord be on?

There’s a plugin for sourcemod that start recording when the match really starts and stops when it ends.

sKaz

KP

i dont use sourcemod.. i prefer using rcon :P
and can you give me a link to it?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=92716

Skyride

DUCS

Imo, 90 delay is pointless, I don’t think someone in STV calling something that happened 45 seconds ago is anymore useful than something that happened 90 seconds ago. It also makes it more likely the spectators won’t see the match end due to map change.

Also, Autorecord is MASSIVE no no. You end up with massive demos that are like 700MB and 3 days long. :P

jgmaster

BM

Also, Autorecord is MASSIVE no no. You end up with massive demos that are like 700MB and 3 days long. :P

You could just change the map before and after the games and then prune the unwanted demos later? Some people have memory problems :P

Dny

T2P

Thank you for this thread James May <3

dougiie

CotC

OMG

it is…

eoN^

OMG

it is…

JAMES MAY!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »