Forum

Rule clarification - Fast shoot script

Created 1st May 2009 @ 01:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

RuneSky

In the rules it states

1.4.6 Fast-Shoot-Script is forbidden

Any kind of Fast-Shoot-Script is forbidden. A player using a Fast-Shoot-Script in an ETF2L match will be punished.

Does this include things like having mousedown and mouseup both assigned to fire, so you get 2 shots per mouseclick or using mousewheel for fire?

ONlock

YOYO\'

What the hell is mouseup?

Is that the same as releasing the firebutton for an extra shot? If so i don’t think that’s is legal..

Mousewheel is just a keybind, but in my experience by having pistolfire on that button messes up your grip on the mouse. So may work as a tradeoff.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

I guess he asking about +attack on mousewheel
it’s forbidden in the ESL
http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season3/rules/#rule_26120

eoN^

by “fast-fire” it usually means like a macro, im sure i read somewhere binding mouse1 to firing two bullets is allowed but to be frank i wouldnt think it to be worth it… If you want really fast pistol fire practice it…

ouch

every script which is givin you an advantage against a standart div8-player should be illegal. tis a game or is this html?

GuMMi

frø
px.

well since everyone can make their own scripts… What advantage does it give anyone.. should people with basic game sense get banned for having an advantage to then ? wtf at lame rules..

captain bubblebeard

well since everyone can make their own scripts… What advantage does it give anyone.. should people with basic game sense get banned for having an advantage to then ? wtf at lame rules..

Well since everybody can purchase hacks, why aren’t they allowed?

Weyzer

[PSG]

Hacks are 3rd party software, scripts are written with the game’s own commands?

Jonni

[FB]

If you have to push-down-and-release a button to shoot, you’re oke. anything else is bad mmmkay!!
same goes for binding +attack to mousewheel; bad!

eoN^

If you have to push-down-and-release a button to shoot, you’re oke. anything else is bad mmmkay!!

To be honest ive seen alot of people use fastfire scripts in pcws and officials, are the rules badly enforced or do people just not report things like that?

nubonamission

burn

To be honest ive seen alot of people use fastfire scripts in pcws and officials, are the rules badly enforced or do people just not report things like that?

I have never seen anyone use one in a pcw/official vs me, if I did I would report it right away.

nubonamission

burn

Rofl, my browser is tripping, excuse double post

gryzor

How is anyone supposed to enforce rules nobody is reporting?

tenshox

I have never seen anyone use one in a pcw/official vs me, if I did I would report it right away.

Close to 90% of the scouts i play against are using a pistolscript :]

kaidus

WiK?

Lol you can’t tell when someone is using a pistol script just from watching. If it’s a ridiuclous inhumane speed with good accuracy then chances are it’s a script, but the majority of them are an achievable rate of fire just with a method that doesn’t require the full attention of a primary control finger.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »