Forum

ETF2L Entry Fee

Created 31st January 2015 @ 17:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

ducky

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

it’s gonna look retarded when only the 2 top seeds are gonna donate and we are gonna have a prizepool of 20 euro

If this were to be implemented ETF2L would still make efforts to gain the support of sponsors to be able to provide a minimum prizepool for certain tiers.

To give you an example: Let’s say the prizepool for the high tier happened to be a minimum of 500€.

Teams can choose to pay 10€ per team to be eligible for it,with every payment being added directly to this prizepool.

Teams that don’t want to pay can still compete in the high tier with no difference to the teams that did pay,other than the fact that if they happen to place first/second/third they won’t be eligible for cash prizes.

10€ per team really isn’t that much,split by 6 people that’s about the price of 1 mcdouble (for the traders out there that’s a little less than a key) that every individual has to pay per season to be able to receive an exponentially higher prize which’ll (in this case) AT LEAST be ~300x the money that you payed as “Pay 2 win entry fee”.

Naturally with odds this good any keen team should take the challenge and risk a tiny amount of money to win the big pot.

Combine that with donation incentives like we had for this season, potential rewards/perks for teams paying higher entry fees (of cosmetic nature, none of which will give you an unfair advantage over “f2p” teams of course) and the resulting higher prizepool will motivate more teams to be competitive.

Just like perm I’m also against ETF2L becoming a pay to play league like ESEA happens to be.
Not judging the americans or anything,but as far as we’re concernced it just doesn’t feel right for a community run non-profit free league to suddenly force cash and/or item payments onto their userbase just for a few extra bucks in a prizepool that ultimately won’t matter because there won’t be any teams left to claim it in the end.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

My main concern aside from the ethics would be the admin time to chase teams “not paid”.

Maybe one day a “pay to play” style tournament could be trialed, but otherwise I can’t see this being worth the time for administration, loss of numbers from the league.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

i like the idea of pay2win :)

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

If it were pay to play and the current prize pool donators (the usual ones, not this season’s donators) kept on it might be all right. I mean €5 per player is too much. Drop that to €5 per team for the prizepool outside prem and you’d be all right, I reckon. Drops might (thought doubt) happen less. We’re talking about such small amounts of cash here.

If each team had to pay €5 to enter this season there’s €1,500 raised right away. If the usual €1,000 keeps up, that’s €1,500 to split between high, mid and open. That’s not too bad. That isn’t even counting if ETF2L continues taking donations for anyone feeling like €5 for their team to play is too little.

Though incoming bitching about people wanting refunds who disagree with admin decisions…but possibly less bitching about being placed in too low a tier! #silverlinings

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3