Forum

Scout Question - r_drawmodels 0?

Created 13th August 2009 @ 01:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Any of you scouts use it?

I was trying it out as I can definately see the benefits but for some reason I just can’t aim with no gun on the screen. It’s a fucking ludacris joke. :

Was wondering who used it and if it gets better in time :D.

I use it on and off cause looking at the scattergun distracts me, but I can’t aim anyway so couldn’t comment on that…

eX

[j]\\\'
[j]'

I’ve used it for long now. As I’ve been playing with “no gun” in former games, it was all natural to me. I believe it’s up to each and every if they like it or not, but it’s definately my style and I’d recommend it.

Bun

GM

I used it for a while, but I got confused with the pistol and the scattergun, turned back on. :)

mb

keso

As a demo using no drawmodel makes me pay more attention to my ammo and how many pipes/stickies I have ready to go. I can see a little jump in fps. I get a better view and if you like Bun said get confused between the weapons while switching you can always use different xhairs for different weapons like I do.

Put these lines in your scout.cfg and play around with the colors and and the type of xhair to find out which ones you like.

alias weapon1 “+reload; slot1; bind “MWHEELDOWN” weapon2; bind “MWHEELUP” weapon3; r_drawviewmodel 0;cl_crosshair_blue 255;cl_crosshair_file crosshair3;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_scale 31″

alias weapon2 “-reload; slot2; bind “MWHEELDOWN” weapon3; bind “MWHEELUP” weapon1; r_drawviewmodel 0;cl_crosshair_blue 0;cl_crosshair_file crosshair7;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 0; cl_crosshair_scale 31″

alias weapon3 “-reload; slot3; bind “MWHEELDOWN” weapon1; bind “MWHEELUP” weapon2; r_drawviewmodel 1;cl_crosshair_blue 255;cl_crosshair_file crosshair3;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_scale 31″

bind “1” “weapon1”
bind “2” “weapon2”
bind “3” “weapon3”

alias “slot12” “activate”

alias “activate” “+reload; slot1;r_drawviewmodel 0;cl_crosshair_blue 255;cl_crosshair_file crosshair3;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_scale 31;alias slot12 deactivate”

alias “deactivate” “-reload; slot2;r_drawviewmodel 0;cl_crosshair_blue 0;cl_crosshair_file crosshair7;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 0; cl_crosshair_scale 31;alias slot12 activate”

bind “q” “slot12”

Syr

Only advantage of viewmodel 0 is that ur view isn’ t partially hidden by your gun, that’s all.
And no, if you pratice with viewmodel and get used to it you won’t get better, you are just gonna be as good.
It’ just personal preference, don’t use some settings just because someone else does, for someone the model helps to aim, someone else is just confused by it.
(personal experience)

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

I’m not using it becuz someone else is u div. I’m using it so I can see more shit man!!!

julieN1

cQr

i have the same problem as you do, gibbz.

i can’t aim without a gun in my screen so i ended up putting it back on.

fJack

k^m

i don’t use a viewmodel and aim just fine. don’t see the point of it on hitscan weapons where the shots are fired from the centre.

Memento Mori

With it off, it’s like point n click to aim. Makes scout even easier.

Looy

I’m not a scout, but I play a lot better with them off. I think it’s just the way some peoples brains work, I can’t focus on aiming if I have this big grey thing in the bottom right that moves around every time I click.

Some classes you need them on though, like heavy and sniper, as sometimes you’ll mash your weapon key after scoping or spinning down and your weapon won’t swap. Also as spy you need to see whether your cloak is up (mainly for dead ringer)

мιssιōи_

With it off, it’s like point n click to aim.

+1

Last edited by мιssιōи_,

eoN^

I think it feels better to play with the viewmodel off for most classes with scout i have my scattergun hidden and my pistol and melee drawn :)

Fanva

used to play with it off, have different crosshairs for pistol and scatter to know what i have selected.

turned it back on for scattergun, like a month ago, and it feels like its easier to aim for some reason, maybe its just easier to time each shot with it on or something. or.. PLACEBO WOOOO
got it turned on for the sniperrifle as well for that reason.

SfynX

T2P

since iv started playin scout ive been using no viewmodel. its significantly increased my aim, mainly becoz the gun/reload animation gets in the way. id advise u do the same nig :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »