Forum

Why are scouts so op

Created 22nd August 2019 @ 05:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Spacejams

Its funny how most people can’t be honest anymore. Always trying to be PC and not call it how it is. Even my friends notice it when they watch the recent Esea matches “damn scouts op” and “it’s a shame that soldiers switched to gunboats”. I hate injustice. None of you are honest about it, no one seems to care about the soldiers. Tf2 should be just that, a team based game not a “why don’t you soldiers run gunboats so you can create space while us scouts dominate you every single game huh?”. Despicable. Truly weakened soldier to nothing but a dive in and die character when his potential is so much greater.

Dwapking

COGU

You keep bringing up this point that scouts shitting on soldiers is unjust. I disagree completely. There is no such thing as (un)just class interaction or an honorable way of playing. As long as you keep within the rules of the game the only thing that matters is winning or losing, Everything else is irrelevant. And being sentimental about a certain playstyle only hurts your chances at winning.

And i’m saying this as someone who LIKES playing shotgun soldier, my strange shotty has 43k kills on it (most of it earned on soldier). I run that shit in pubs, i run it in lobbies, but in etf2l i ran gunboats 95% of the time.

Not because my team bullied me off the shotgun, but because i made that decision myself. Sure i probably could’ve gotten a better kdr ratio if i stuck to the shotgun. But I did not because my individual performance is less important than winning games.

My point is that if you play to win, you don’t get to decide what playstyle you use. You pick the one that you think is optimal. Even if that involves getting shit on by scouts. That’s what competitive gaming is all about.

I still run shotty in certain niches (even in highlander lol).

Baz

8====D~~~~
HOIL

This is troll right? scout is underpowered bro

Spacejams

Quoted from Dwapking

You keep bringing up this point that scouts shitting on soldiers is unjust. I disagree completely. There is no such thing as (un)just class interaction or an honorable way of playing. As long as you keep within the rules of the game the only thing that matters is winning or losing, Everything else is irrelevant. And being sentimental about a certain playstyle only hurts your chances at winning.

And i’m saying this as someone who LIKES playing shotgun soldier, my strange shotty has 43k kills on it (most of it earned on soldier). I run that shit in pubs, i run it in lobbies, but in etf2l i ran gunboats 95% of the time.

Not because my team bullied me off the shotgun, but because i made that decision myself. Sure i probably could’ve gotten a better kdr ratio if i stuck to the shotgun. But I did not because my individual performance is less important than winning games.

My point is that if you play to win, you don’t get to decide what playstyle you use. You pick the one that you think is optimal. Even if that involves getting shit on by scouts. That’s what competitive gaming is all about.

I still run shotty in certain niches (even in highlander lol).

Listen, all i’m saying is that it’s hard for me to watch the newer esea seasons of tf2 because it’s always scouts bullying the soldiers and acting so arrogant and cocky the entire time getting 6ks all the time. It gets annoying after a while, when contrary back when TLR was on the scene, soldiers used to dominate the game and there was more of a balance then just scout scout scout. It’s almost as if the main focus is on scout now, which it is.

Spacejams

Quoted from Baz

This is troll right? scout is underpowered bro

Oh so being top of the scoreboard and having the highest kdr and high damage and being able to meatshot opponents and double jump and run away is underpowered, lmfao and you call me the troll?

Baz

8====D~~~~
HOIL

Scouts get nutted by solly and demo hard, they literally get one shot with candy cane!!!!

bro… it sound like u open player dude… scout have 125 hp he very weak… heavy have 300

sheepy dog's hand

(puffy vulva)
SORA⚡️
bad

Back when TLR was on the scene scouts didn’t hit every single shot on a jumping soldier and medics didn’t move like bots. The reason Soldiers can’t jump into a medic and a scout nowadays is because the scout will kill him instantly and even if he gets a rocket onto the medic its not going to do anything. Shotgun is useless most of the time because you are dead before you can use it. Only way to stay alive as soldier is to use gunboats and rocket jump effectively. Mobility is what makes the scout class so strong and gunboats give soldiers solid mobility with gunboats. Now with the medic moving at the same speed as scouts when healing them, you aren’t going to get very far if you jump into them with your shotgun.

Stop this loser attitude of defeat and learn how to play against scouts by hitting pipes and learning to rocket jump effectively. Imagine if Kaptain or Silentes complained about how scouts are so OP that they can’t do anything so they might as well give up. Guess what the disgusting society we live in is the very definition of “overpowered” and it’s rigged from the start as the people who do the work that literally makes our entire planet function have to survive on minimum wage while their bosses sit in their office doing absolutely nothing because their rich daddy had a few million to spare that he passes down so they can keep the money for themselves and live in excess and luxury while everyone else is slaving away every day of the week just to make money that goes straight towards their bosses 8 bedroom house and £250,000 Bentley Continental while you sit like a dog just to get the scraps that will barely even cover your rent, healthcare, food or any basic living necessities.

The world is run by greed and dogs willing to stab each other in the back for a pay rise while you sit in the field harmlessly passing the time in the grassland complaining about how scouts are OP instead of actually doing something about it. I hope that answered your question.

Don’t use “HIGHLIGHT” clips from 1 player to try and prove a point about a big picture. It is useless evidence, because those moments are rare by definition – hence the name “HIGHLIGHT”. I could argue that “oh soldier is soooo op and hogs all the kills and glory!” and use 10 seasons worth of soldier’s airshotting scouts from frag videos as evidence and it would equally valuable evidence to what you used despite the argument being complete rubbish. The point you’re making is mute, and you are just ignoring what people are saying to repeat your unbalanced viewpoint. just stop.

Spacejams

Quoted from Baz

Scouts get nutted by solly and demo hard, they literally get one shot with candy cane!!!!

Yeah yeah yeah keep talking troll. You’re obviously just switching it to the other side where you say scouts get nutted by solly and demo hard you’re literally being sarcastic as you just mean the opposite. You mean soldiers and demo get nutted by scouts hard and they literally get one shot with his scattergun.

Spacejams

Quoted from tiram

bro… it sound like u open player dude… scout have 125 hp he very weak… heavy have 300

Not really cause open players probably don’t have to deal with scunts so much. If you look at invite level scouts that’s where the problem lies and how it shifted from soldier dominating the game and meta to scout. He’s not weak lol he’s OP.

Spacejams

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

Back when TLR was on the scene scouts didn’t hit every single shot on a jumping soldier and medics didn’t move like bots. The reason Soldiers can’t jump into a medic and a scout nowadays is because the scout will kill him instantly and even if he gets a rocket onto the medic its not going to do anything. Shotgun is useless most of the time because you are dead before you can use it. Only way to stay alive as soldier is to use gunboats and rocket jump effectively. Mobility is what makes the scout class so strong and gunboats give soldiers solid mobility with gunboats. Now with the medic moving at the same speed as scouts when healing them, you aren’t going to get very far if you jump into them with your shotgun.

Stop this loser attitude of defeat and learn how to play against scouts by hitting pipes and learning to rocket jump effectively. Imagine if Kaptain or Silentes complained about how scouts are so OP that they can’t do anything so they might as well give up. Guess what the disgusting society we live in is the very definition of “overpowered” and it’s rigged from the start as the people who do the work that literally makes our entire planet function have to survive on minimum wage while their bosses sit in their office doing absolutely nothing because their rich daddy had a few million to spare that he passes down so they can keep the money for themselves and live in excess and luxury while everyone else is slaving away every day of the week just to make money that goes straight towards their bosses 8 bedroom house and £250,000 Bentley Continental while you sit like a dog just to get the scraps that will barely even cover your rent, healthcare, food or any basic living necessities.

The world is run by greed and dogs willing to stab each other in the back for a pay rise while you sit in the field harmlessly passing the time in the grassland complaining about how scouts are OP instead of actually doing something about it. I hope that answered your question.

Yeah maybe that’s cause they weren’t fully buffed at 185hp all the damn time and being pocketed by medics and also soldiers were running
shotgun at the time so scouts would think TWICE about chasing down a soldier or engaging or running around as cocky and arrogant
as they do now a days in the new esea seasons because no one else is countering them. Once soldiers switched to gunboats
scouts knew that they could run around like they owned the damn place. No, the reason why soldiers can’t jump into
a medic and scout nowadays is cause they’re too pussy cause they’re running gunboats instead of the shotgun. Maybe
if they ran shotgun they would actually be able to secure and clean up kills which they wouldn’t have been able to
if they were just running gunboats which was the meta for the more recent seasons. Shotgun is useless? Are you good LOL.
Shotgun is so good at secure and finishing kills on scunts and anyone else. I don’t know why you worshipi the gunboats
so much. Oh wait don’t tell me you’re a scout main lol. No a good way to stay alive as soldier is to carry shotgun
and have medic pocket you and heal you A LOT more than what they do in the more recent esea seasons which i can’t stand.
They literally made soldier just an expendable class like literally two roamers who just sacrifice their lives all the time.
Yeah sure gunboats make soldiers more mobile but they’re gonna get their asses stomped a lot more by everyone else
because of it. They aren’t as powerful without shotgun to clean up kills. You’re not jumping into them with your shotgun
dude, you’re jumping in with your rocket launcher and then hitting shots and then finishing them off withthe shotgun.
Case in point like in the video i already posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASVspZyDViY&feature=youtu.be&t=2m27s
and this wonderful clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASVspZyDViY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m1s

“Loser attitude of defeat”? What? How am i having a loser attitude of defeat. All i’m simply saying is that it’s hard
to watch the newer seasons of esea tf2 cause scunts run around all the damn map never getting killed and prancing
around so arrogantly cause soldiers don’t keep em in check anymore like they did in the past because they started
running gunboats. It’s sickening and disgusting. That’s why i can’t watch it for long without getting embarassed
and feeling sorry for the soldiers who have to put up with that shit. Scout already is an annoying class but you
add being pocketed by a medic with that and focus is always scout scout scout and it’s a recipe of disaster.
Dude, i know how to play against scouts by hitting pipes that’s not the point. The point is that scunts are OP af and
that they should be nerfed to shit. I already know how to rocket jump effectively. I’m not complaining about how
scouts are so OP that we can’t do anything and that we should give up. I literally just made a thread because
i was so disgusted by how unjust and unfair the newer seasons of esea and etf2l are. It’s a disgrace to the game.
Seeing the scouts with their 30-5 kd ratios while the soldiers are dying every second. It’s disgusting. Lmfao,
you’re literally a hypocrite, you’re saying that i’m complaining about something and we can’t do anything about it
so we might as well give up (which by the way i never said or implied anything like that), and now you’re the one
complaining about how unfair and “overpowered” society is LMFAO. Yeah no shit life isn’t fair buddy get used to it.
Why aren’t you the one actually doing something about it since it bothers you so freaking much. I don’t get the analogy,
we’re talking about two different things here. I’m talking about how i can’t stand watching the newer seasons
of esea tf2 because of how OP scunts are and you’re talking about how unfair and unjust society is because you
probably work minimum wage and hate your rich boss. Well here’s a newsflash kid: why don’t you do something about it and work
your way up or become your own boss. No one’s forcing you to do minimum wage. There’s a thing called education you
know. Obviously the world is run by greed, that’s pretty self evident. But what are you gonna do about it? “Harmlessly
passing the time in the grassland complaining about how scouts are OP instead of actually doing something about it.”
What the fuck do you want me to do about it. You’re the one that’s so bothered by it, not me. And you know something,
i actually am doing something about it, if you mean scunt being OP because i’m calling all those scunt mains out
who play in the more recent esea seasons and make life harder for all the rest of the players, especially soldier
because they abuse an OP class. “I hope that answered your question.” It’s a rhetorical question, most people understand
that scouts are OP i’m just saying it because i want others to feel comforted.

Spacejams

Quoted from frenchie

Don’t use “HIGHLIGHT” clips from 1 player to try and prove a point about a big picture. It is useless evidence, because those moments are rare by definition – hence the name “HIGHLIGHT”. I could argue that “oh soldier is soooo op and hogs all the kills and glory!” and use 10 seasons worth of soldier’s airshotting scouts from frag videos as evidence and it would equally valuable evidence to what you used despite the argument being complete rubbish. The point you’re making is mute, and you are just ignoring what people are saying to repeat your unbalanced viewpoint. just stop.

It’s not just highlight clips from 1 player. Watch the older seasons of esea tf2. Soldiers dominated the game.
They ran shotgun and put scouts in check, which is how it should be. Always. It’s not useless evidence, it’s good
evidence, because that stuff happens a lot in tf2. They’re not rare, watch an old esea tf2 video. Besides, the clips
i used, some of them aren’t even “HIGHLIGHTS” they’re literally from watching the POV’s of soldiers and seeing them
destroy scunts. Yeah that’s what people did back in the day, you never noticed how many soldier is op threads there were?
Even the video that funlover5291 shows is evidence that scouts were getting dominated by soldiers because of how
much they complained about them and how they thought they were so easy. Cause it’s just “shoot feet get kills!”.
That’s literally what people would do. My argument isn’t complete rubbish, it’s based on facts. It’s not mute, you’re
responding to it and i know a lot of people agree that scout is OP in the newer esea tf2 seasons. I’m not ignoring anyone
i’m responding to everyone. I’m not gonna stop because what happened in the later seasons of esea tf2 was unjust.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3