Forum

Badlands Last sheepy dog's hand sentry spot.

Created 24th July 2017 @ 16:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

So I was watching vods and reading comments from non high winners such as Eemes who said “Not a very good sentry spot I have to say” along with many on the nunya cast doubting the effectiveness of this sentry position. It’s fair enough as it can seem like a terrible spot at first glance but I am here to educate people on this and hopefully people will start using it. If you disagree with anything I say just remember I won high and you didn’t unless you actually won high, then your opinion matters. For those who aren’t aware I like to put a sentry in this spot when holding badlands last:

http://i.imgur.com/puJEfH3.jpg (as you can see it actually covers top left and right quite a lot.

There are a few reasons I really like this spot but the main reason I started using it is because it denies a quickie bomb point play by preventing 2 scouts from being able to rush bottom left onto the point. This forces them to do the play from main or top left which is very difficult to do and usually ends in a fail push. It prevents players from being able to take position top left as a lot of top left is denied by the sentry meaning the enemy team is forced to focus it and take a lot of spam in the process. It picks off weak players after the uber when they drop down and walk in it’s surprisingly large range. It is literally impossible to be spammed before the push. It protects the engie because he can stay behind point and escape by running top right. It can be repaired safely if they try spamming it. It forces them to take the time to spam it during or after the uber which takes a lot longer to do as compared to other sentry spots. The only negative is that it doesn’t actually watch the point and it doesn’t deny bombing soldiers from main however these things should be covered by your team.

It is probably the best sentry spot on badlands last but so many players just can’t see it. It is a great counter to quickies and is something that you should absolutely not knock until you try it.

Also the brass beast is the best heavy weapon but that’s for another day.

Just sharing some of my HIGH WINNER knowledge thanks sheepy dog’s hand out (still banned from tftv).

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Wow you’re so insightful on this wanna play engineer for my team

Eemes

azn
S-O

U lost badlands

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from Eemes

U lost badlands

You lost in the semi finals.

scrab

this has a god tier sentry spot for years, wtf eemes on about? until you main engineer dont talk mr demoman …..

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

[…]

You lost in the semi finals.

how do i upfrag in etf2l

Pete_

PrettyGay

shit sentry spot

NeuTronas

Tbh this sentry spot was the reason why my team struggled to push out lasts on Badlands this season against sheepy. It completely denies scouts (the only thing they can do is to stay on lowground main which is insta death)

Pred

awful sentry spot

I think sheepy is an allright guy tbh

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Why is it relevant if somebody won high? Afterall its the sentry that is doing the work and not the player. 2/10

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

shenahazard: what does winning high has something to do with skill though

Clark

SDCK!

approved

akachu

combine this with a pipehold by ur demoman and no one will ever cap

Hammock

x22
PitO.

That’s actually super interesting. I can see the logic behind that Sentry (as an engineer nerd) but I doubt many 6s players could quite comprehend the nuances to a good spot.

9/10 spot

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »