Forum

Valve and Competitive TF2

Created 29th April 2015 @ 12:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

alfa

Quoted from byte

Hey I might even make a comeback for 1 year next year if it’s good ;)

Cheers

Byte

but stickies aren’t good anymore @___@

Last edited by alfa,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from alfa

[…]

but stickies aren’t good anymore @___@

All you need is intelligence and anticipation

RTC

Quoted from Karx

[…] Or just a fantasy

Caught in a landslide…

byte

Quoted from Morphine

[…]

All you need is intelligence and anticipation

Dis woman gets it bro :P

Cheers

Byte

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Imagine the cash pricepool that´s possible if Valve would just give a little tiny bit compared to what they earn through TF2 back ;o

Bren

If its anything like CSGO I’d imagine the lobby services would become a higher skill ceiling matchmaking compared to the in game one. Can’t imagine it would change much for the leagues other than a lot more newcomers.

phromelo

8-)

i bet it will be like mvm, first week oh yeah nice something new and after that people will realise how bad and boring it is and everyone will play it only because they can do money on it also cheaters wave inc if they add ranks
and i wonder how much the pass will cost, 3$ per 1 game is perfect for me

GeaR

Epsilon

Quoted from byte

[…]

Sure I like German scouts :P infact I like pretty much german everything lol

Cheers

Byte

:)

On topic: tf2 isn’t dead, but far beyond its prime. Too late, Valve, too late :(

Popcorp

Quoted from phromelo

i bet it will be like mvm, first week oh yeah nice something new and after that people will realise how bad and boring it is and everyone will play it only because they can do money on it also cheaters wave inc if they add ranks
and i wonder how much the pass will cost, 3$ per 1 game is perfect for me

You’re comparing a Gamemode where you play vs Bots and have to Pay to win some cool and expensive rares with a Competitive gamemode that takes place on normal maps where you have to play against actual players and Win?

People who had bad luck with MvM had to leave, it was purely dependent on how much you Invest and Win, You invest and Win nothing = You’re done with MvM, You invest and Win/Get Australium weapon = Continue gambling.

While Matchmaking might cost few bucks, to prevent cheaters from playing, it sounds reasonable, if it’s like in Cs Go, buy a Mission pass = Play as much as you want, it should be alright.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from GeaR

On topic: tf2 isn’t dead, but far beyond its prime. Too late, Valve, too late :(

When was TF2’s prime in your opinion? The player base has been surprisingly stable in the last years, there was a huge influx of new players after it went F2P. It is consistently ranked in the top 3/4 of the most played games in Steam as well.

http://steamcharts.com/app/440#All

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

TF2 was in its prime before they implemented quick play and emptied almost all good 3rd party servers.

phromelo

8-)

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

You’re comparing a Gamemode where you play vs Bots and have to Pay to win some cool and expensive rares with a Competitive gamemode that takes place on normal maps where you have to play against actual players and Win?

People who had bad luck with MvM had to leave, it was purely dependent on how much you Invest and Win, You invest and Win nothing = You’re done with MvM, You invest and Win/Get Australium weapon = Continue gambling.

While Matchmaking might cost few bucks, to prevent cheaters from playing, it sounds reasonable, if it’s like in Cs Go, buy a Mission pass = Play as much as you want, it should be alright.

why shouldnt i compare it? i think it will be pretty much the same because valve never do bigger “free updates” without hats and other things to trade, after looking at few updates and overall i bet everyone will get badge with win/lost ratio or rank on “competitive” mod and of course somehow there will be a chance to get hats, super extra paintable weapons or other stupid things
MM is free in cs:go, you just have to buy game and i don’t know how making matchmaking pay to play would help against cheaters, they will boost anyway and just want more money for boosting
and there is 1 basic difference between cs:go and tf2, in cs:go matchmaking was from the beginning, not like in tf2 when after few years they started to think about “something new”
matchmaking would help but not now when it’s too late
my personal opinion: matchmaking in tf2 = pub with ranking system at the beginning, maybe something like tf2center later when people realize how to teamplay

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from phromelo

why shouldnt i compare it? i think it will be pretty much the same because valve never do bigger “free updates” without hats and other things to trade, after looking at few updates and overall i bet everyone will get badge with win/lost ratio or rank on “competitive” mod and of course somehow there will be a chance to get hats, super extra paintable weapons or other stupid things
MM is free in cs:go, you just have to buy game and i don’t know how making matchmaking pay to play would help against cheaters, they will boost anyway and just want more money for boosting
and there is 1 basic difference between cs:go and tf2, in cs:go matchmaking was from the beginning, not like in tf2 when after few years they started to think about “something new”
matchmaking would help but not now when it’s too late
my personal opinion: matchmaking in tf2 = pub with ranking system at the beginning, maybe something like tf2center later when people realize how to teamplay

I wouldn’t be opposed to a one-off charge in order to play the matchmaking so as to deter cheaters because atm they will just remake accounts again and again. However, paying £x for x amount of games would be ridiculous.

Last edited by Oxy,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from GeaR

[…]

:)

Dying competitive scenes have been resurrected before.

dodgydogman

Panda

As long as they add skins for the competitively allowed weapons they will make money from comp tf2.

Look at CSGO. Shit dead game on release. They add weapons skins and matchmaking and now its quickly becoming the second biggest esport. The matchmaking basically doubled the active player base and then after the arms deal update the playercount has doubled every few months.

Though considering how ridiculously slow development is on CSGO compared to DOTA 2 I will have to see it to believe it.

I assume they would only allow people to play matchmaking if they have added a certain amount of money to their steam account or something, at the very least.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »