Forum

Valve and Competitive TF2

Created 29th April 2015 @ 12:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

I’m positively hyped! Official support greatly increases the competitive player count and might even make official tournaments a possibility. As extine said in the VLOG, this is an interative process, so we will just have to see where the road takes us.

It might be different to current 6s or HL (they mentioned something like 9v9, but no class limits?), but even if they do silly things from time to time, Valve are no idiots, 12v12 2fort is not competitively viable.

san alex

lik dis if u cry evertim

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from Tornf4lk

[…]

Honestly I’m hoping that the next fully charged will be giving those answers, If I need to wait longer than two days to find out that it will be shit I might just have to kill myself. I care about this game way more than I should :/

Let’s take a step back here for a minute.

Yes we have some engagement from valve, but please don’t expect all the answers for what was only a 1 day visit. All good things take time to design, discuss and create.

Though Friday will provide you with some more information, please don’t expect it to be the fully painted picture. We now know what valve are willing to paint, we just don’t know what colours we’re going to be using and potentially how long it will take to create fully.

irfx

EPA

16v16 comp orange_x3 gogogo

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from beta

[…]
how long it will take to create fully.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsE5jfFCQAANGgk.jpg:large

codcrille

Fresh.

Sounds great, a good chunk of years overdue but I’ll probably give it a go if it ever happens.

Tuffy

pd!

Valve is not totally dumb, they won’t change too much something that has been working for years (HL / 6v6). And we got time, this won’t be added to the game tomorrow, but I’m already hyped D:

xpost:

I hope it’s not a one-time feedback session.
TF2 meta and formats keep on changing and I would love if valve kept a channel open for this. Severs, items and configs are all things that need to be addressed from time to time.
Nobody wants to sit in a match on lagging stockholm servers with bazaar bargain abusers.

hawku

AYO

Welp, only 8 years into it’s product cycle! Let’s keep hoping! Phat idiots.

Last edited by hawku,

schocky

ist doof

Quoted from byte

Hey I might even make a comeback for 1 year next year if it’s good ;)

Cheers

Byte

TCM stefan.

Munky

AEUGH

Just adding a way to win or lose in the base game would be an improvement tbh. Having highlander or 6v6 on top of that would be even better. Anything to remove the gap between playing the game ‘normally’ and playing it competitively will be a huge benefit for ETF2L, UGC, streaming, etc.

Last edited by Munky,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Star’s enthusiastic videos about Overwatch finally did the trick.

byte

Quoted from schocky

[…]

TCM stefan.

Sure I like German scouts :P infact I like pretty much german everything lol

Cheers

Byte

schocky

ist doof

Quoted from byte

[…]

Sure I like German scouts :P infact I like pretty much german everything lol

Cheers

Byte

:D

Oxy

TC.Express

Highlander would be the obvious choice for me. Whatever game mode is implemented though will be far messier and less organised than any highlander/6’s even on tf2center.

Huge step in the right direction though.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »