Forum

New res - what sens?

Created 15th March 2015 @ 02:42

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

spammyh

brew

Hello. So for some amount of time i were using 1280 by 720 resolution in tf2, due to lack of my old gpu. Now i got myself fresh upgrade, gtx 760 (Before I used shitty gtx 3xx something) and currently i’m running 1600×900 which is a completely new resolution, and my old sens with new resolution feels fairly different.
Here is question itself, how do I calculate my new sens for this new specific resolution? Is there any formula i need to deal with?
If that could help, i used 2.1 in game and 400 dpi for my entire life pretty much.
Thanks in advice.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

It is same sens,just feels different because of different FoV

rockie

Quoted from Tseini

It is same sens,just feels different because of different FoV

nope, fov is the same as the ratio is the same (16:9)

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from rockie

[…]

Oh yeah true

Lupus

IKEA

Pretty sure if you use 2.1 on higher res it be slower and if you go to lower res it will be faster.

quintosh

wL.

theres 2 ways:

– you use something completly different from your old sens, otherwise the minor change fucks with your mind too much

– you calculate your cm/360 here: http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/, put a ruler below your mousepad and mess around with settings until you get the cm/360 that the site is giving you

firej

Quoted from quintosh

theres 2 ways:

– you use something completly different from your old sens, otherwise the minor change fucks with your mind too much

– you calculate your cm/360 here: http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/, put a ruler below your mousepad and mess around with settings until you get the cm/360 that the site is giving you

What ?
If you mess around with settings the site will also change the value of cm/360 .

With raw input turned on, and mouse accel (aka. enhanced mouse pointer precision) turned off, you should measure the same cm/360 that the site gives you.

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

I played for years on a 1600×900 screen. Im running tf2 on a 1024×768 res windowed mode. Couple of months ago, i’ve got a new pc and Monitor (1920×1080). Im still running tf2 at the same res, same sens and it feels alot faster. I want my old sens back. xd

hr

Quoted from rockie

[…]

Actually no. For example using 720p will have a smaller field of view than using 1080p because 720 is kind of like a zoomed in version. The cm/360 remains the same I believe however it feels different because the game being zoomed in makes it seem like the crosshair is travelling faster than it actually is.

Eatable

Quoted from hr

[…]
Actually no. For example using 720p will have a smaller field of view than using 1080p because 720 is kind of like a zoomed in version. The cm/360 remains the same I believe however it feels different because the game being zoomed in makes it seem like the crosshair is travelling faster than it actually is.

That’s not how resolutions work, at all.

hr

Quoted from Eatable

[…]

That’s not how resolutions work, at all.

Try using 1080p and then try 720p and you’ll see it’s exactly how it works.

rockie

a smaller resolution isnt a zoomed version of an higher resolution, if the resolution ratio is the same, the only thing that changes is the density of the textures loaded by the game’s engine, the sensitivity is the same as the ratio is 1.77777778

maxxx.lfc

⇗upp⇙

set your old res – measure your cm/360 – set new res – change ingame sens until you get same cm/360

hr

Quoted from rockie

a smaller resolution isnt a zoomed version of an higher resolution, if the resolution ratio is the same, the only thing that changes is the density of the textures loaded by the game’s engine, the sensitivity is the same as the ratio is 1.77777778

Why don’t you test it and find out then? You’ll see that I’m right, I’ve played on 1080p and 720p and that is exactly what the game does, I don’t care what other games do or what is supposed to happen. Do the test come back and tell me what happens.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from hr

[…]
Why don’t you test it and find out then? You’ll see that I’m right, I’ve played on 1080p and 720p and that is exactly what the game does, I don’t care what other games do or what is supposed to happen. Do the test come back and tell me what happens.

rock is actually right, it’s the exact same fov on all 16:9 resolutions.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »