Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 39 40 41 ... 46 Next »

4hp

Good on you guys that the demo nerf was reversed but at the moment minigun and axtinguisher are still nerfed which isn’t really fair IMO. I thought the nerfs made some amount of sense when all put together, but removing only one of them doesn’t. But I guess we’ll stay tuned for some sort of sticky nerf in the future so I won’t complain too much.

I think blast radius rampup is the best idea because it rewards aim and it also rewards pyros who airblast air stickies, since right now the demo can make the pyro’s reflect work pointless by just detting at the right time, but with a mechanic like that you would be able to mostly avoid any damage to yourself if you time reflects well.

Last edited by 4hp,

Aylonwee

i think the demo nerf was very unjust. the pyro nerf was a long time coming because being able to just run at and class and dish out an easy 300 dmg (light/flare/axetinguish) is kinda insane. pyro still excels in close combat, crit flares are still incredible and the airblast is as good as ever and if you combine the flare + axetinguish you still do roughly 200 dmg. not bad for 3 seconds work.

not to mention alot of pyros tend to favor other melee weapons such as the powerjack or even the homewrecker on defense.

heavy i feel is a little more complicated. in alot of ways heavy is like demo. you have insane damage potential but suffer from being vulnerable if caught with your trousers down.

the best heavy players not only have very good tracking, but also impeccable positioning. in fact i would go so far to say heavy didnt need nerfed at all. sure the damage is high but he’s a low mobility, big hitbox spam magnet and the easiest sniper/spy pick. much like demo he has enough weaknesses that his damage potential is warranted.

Kaneco

Quoted from 4hp

Good on you guys that the demo nerf was reversed but at the moment minigun and axtinguisher are still nerfed which isn’t really fair IMO. I thought the nerfs made some amount of sense when all put together, but removing only one of them doesn’t. But I guess we’ll stay tuned for some sort of sticky nerf in the future so I won’t complain too much.

The axtinguisher/flare nerf was already called for for a long time, /even longer than wrangler/minisentries nerf) there’s no reason you should be rewarded a free 190 dmg kritz for hitting with a melee weapon, no other class is rewarded so much for basically nothing. The axtinguisher/flare/degreaser combo was a gimmicky loadout that had crits on 2 out of the 3 weapons provided that you lit your target on fire. You shouldn’t be running axtinguisher anyway unless you’re trolling pubs, the powerjack/homewrecker are infinitely more useful in any competitive situation.

I don’t agree with the heavy nerf and I don’t even know why they nerfed it tho, it doesn’t even makes sense because it promotes passive play and firing all the time. I think heavy was fine as it was

This is not a question of “if you get your candy I want mine too or Im gonna tell dad”, it’s a serious balance issue, and the demo nerf proved to have infinitely more impact on the game than what was expected.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Candle

ITT : people that never heard about the “don’t be a retard and run into pyros, the close-range combat class” strategy.

also homewrecker is completely useless against any good team, calling it more useful than pre-nerf axt is hilariously stupid.

axtinguisher was never OP, hell, powerjack was mostly the better choice, nerfing it is completely uncalled for and was only done so retards don’t get killed by the axt..
now the only thing a pyro can choose between in his loadout is flare/shotty.

if you would consistenly get caught out by the axtinguisher, it’s because you’re retarded, not because it’s OP.

Last edited by Candle,

Popcorp

Quoted from 4hp

I think blast radius rampup is the best idea because it rewards aim and it also rewards pyros who airblast air stickies, since right now the demo can make the pyro’s reflect work pointless by just detting at the right time, but with a mechanic like that you would be able to mostly avoid any damage to yourself if you time reflects well.

Pyro nerf is legit

It’s so gay when a Pyro kills a light class with 1 Axtinguisher kill, overhealed Scout won’t be able to survive, pyro already has so many weps that give him free crits/minicrits (manmelter, detonator, flare gun, phlog, backburner, axtinguisher, neon annihilator, reserve shooter) so nerfing Axtinguisher was a good idea, because it was so cheap when a Pyro kills you with 1 hit, lawl M1 lawl, m2, lawl axtinguisher

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Pyro nerf is legit

It’s so gay when a Pyro kills a light class with 1 Axtinguisher kill, overhealed Scout won’t be able to survive, pyro already has so many weps that give him free crits/minicrits (manmelter, detonator, flare gun, phlog, backburner, axtinguisher, neon annihilator, reserve shooter) so nerfing Axtinguisher was a good idea, because it was so cheap when a Pyro kills you with 1 hit, lawl M1 lawl, m2, lawl axtinguisher

And old axtinguisher made every other melee useless for pyro wich was kinda stupid

Kaneco

Quoted from Candle

ITT : people that never heard about the “don’t be a retard and run into pyros, the close-range combat class” strategy.

also homewrecker is completely useless against any good team, calling it more useful than pre-nerf axt is hilariously stupid.

axtinguisher was never OP, hell, powerjack was mostly the better choice, nerfing it is completely uncalled for and was only done so retards don’t get killed by the axt..
now the only thing a pyro can choose between in his loadout is flare/shotty.

if you would consistenly get caught out by the axtinguisher, it’s because you’re retarded, not because it’s OP.

Dude, you have airblast, you literally have the best crowd control tool in the game to put people in a bad position on purpose. Also, why am I discussing pyro nerfs with a pyro main.

The only problem with the pyro nerf was how long it took them to do it.

Svennebanan

Quoted from konr

[…]No, the heavy was something that needed to be focused during pushes by a demoman because he was so tanky and could put so much damage out in such a short space of time. Now he can’t really do that so the demo has a bit more of a window to do whatever the fuck he wants, or just focus him faster with fuck all damage on anyone anyway. Not a huge deal but please don’t act as if someone’s an idiot for pointing that out when you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

funny how you agree with what i pointed out and then proceed to claim that I dont have any idea :DD cocaine getting to your head again konr? :DDD

Candle

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Dude, you have airblast, you literally have the best crowd control tool in the game to put people in a bad position on purpose

Quoted from Candle

stay out of airblast range = kill (or avoid, if you can’t aim) pyro
very simple

Last edited by Candle,

kasabubu

axtinguisher was op compared to any other mele weapon, but the pyro himself got nerfed before and valve should have not done that imo , pyro is not a strong mid-long range class, give him the sick close range abillities he had before pls.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from kasabubu

axtinguisher was op compared to any other mele weapon, but the pyro himself got nerfed before and valve should have not done that imo , pyro is not a strong mid-long range class, give him the sick close range abillities he had before pls.

burn > air blast > flare
easy

rviens

Quoted from Selek

What about Stickies do less or even no damage until they touch something (self damage for sticky pogos still in place). That idea has been tossed around for a few years, is there anything that really speaks against it?

If they did that, rip almost every sticky trap in the game, ever.

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Also, why am I discussing pyro nerfs with a pyro main.

That’s a shitty attitude dude. It’s not like you didn’t discuss demo nerfs as a demo main.

EmilioEstevez

GG

If you are close enough to get meleed by a Pyro I think you should be blaming your bad positioning first.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

If you are close enough to get meleed by a Pyro I think you should be blaming your bad positioning first.

^

When I bought this game in 2008, the general public opinion was that axtinguisher was a blessing because it was the perfect replacement for W+M1. No one would complain if they got puff n’ stung, they’d embrace it because they knew that they’d die from W+M1 anyway in the same circumstances and in the same amount of time.

B||oodsire’s Proro video was a revolution of Pyro gameplay and thousands of players urged Valve to encourage a wider variety of Pyro usage that didn’t involve W+M1. The Degreaser is proof that Valve listened.

Now suddenly it seems like we have retards working on the game. Axtinguisher was not OP, it was embraced from day 1.

That reminds me, I should rewatch that fragmovie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndZoP4yctqA

Last edited by Fuxx,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 39 40 41 ... 46 Next »