Sticky nerf is the best thing to happen to tf2 since tf2

PdH

Quoted from Wut3r

Sticky nerf is the best thing to happen to tf2 since tf2

yes,changing something that worked for 7 years is always a great thing

retz

Quoted from ekkelund

[…]

You can avoid the demoman kritzkrieg with awareness and positioning. If you constantly got destroyed by demo kritz I think the problem wasn’t the surreal damage that the stickies did.

You can’t really avoid 1 kritz if they use it by surprise, and if the match is a close one (which usually happens in officials), it can completely change it.

Sofa King

Quoted from Vaskie

Like Marmaduke pointed out, the game will hopefully be slightly faster due to less output damage from the demoman.

Can you elaborate on this?
Not questioning your opinion, just unsure about what you mean with “faster gameplay.”

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from retz

[…]

You can’t really avoid 1 kritz if they use it by surprise, and if the match is a close one (which usually happens in officials), it can completely change it.

This is a fucking good thing. What, you just wanna see uber stalemates for an hour? Come on, few things are as exciting as the kritz. You take a risk by running it, and it can pay off

Forget about the demoman nerf:
Conga forever: http://youtu.be/T84u7ueGQ08

VALVE NEVER FIX THIS PLS

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from retz

[…]

Yeah, let’s discourage the use of risky but rewarding strats and just have a boring stalemate…

Honstely, kritz isn’t that hard to counter, just bomb in a soldier on the medic and don’t hold in a position where a crit sticky will demolish you. Yes, kritzkrieg is really powerful when the other team is caught by surprise, but if you didn’t expect the kritz it’s your own fault.

retz

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

This is a fucking good thing. What, you just wanna see uber stalemates for an hour? Come on, few things are as exciting as the kritz. You take a risk by running it, and it can pay off

You can still use the kritz the way you want, now it’s just more controllable for the team that’s being kritzed and that’s how it should be in my opinion.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from retz

[…]

You can still use the kritz the way you want, now it’s just more controllable for the team that’s being kritzed and that’s how it should be in my opinion.

in other words,

kritz is fucking useless now

Feyne

NASA

possible solution: some genius could create a mod or whatever its called so that all the comp matches could be played in that mod which still has the old sticky damage.

sadly, i have no idea if thats possible/ doable.

Droidster

tavi

I like how one of the shittest weapons in the game is now almost a direct upgrade to what was previously one of the most powerful. #ScottishResistanceS19

MH

This nerf is obviously bad otherwise there wouldn’t be that many reactions. Now the real question is what will Valve do about it? Imo they are completely wrong if they leave it as it is right now : too many complaints/reactions about it, the games will be too stalematey and slow paced, a whole new meta to create (it isn’t a bad thing but changing something that is the same for 7 years is plain dumb). Now if they really want to change the meta they should try to do it by adding new weapons and new mechanisms or maybe even new classes!

kindred

myx
SDCK!

i suggest running a sniper instead

;)

retz

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

in other words,

kritz is fucking useless now

It’s not, it still does several amounts of damage which can lead to annihilation if the enemy team cannot control it, you’re prem so you might know better than me and I totally have less experience than you, but I’m just saying what I think.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from retz

[…]

It’s not, it still does several amounts of damage which can lead to annihilation if the enemy team cannot control it, you’re prem so you might know better than me and I totally have less experience than you, but I’m just saying what I think.

Kritz wasn’t really that useful to begin with. Not only can the enemy see that you are using the kritzkrieg when you are healing, you can also expect it regarding to the situation. In fact, only rarely is the kritzkrieg a proper surprise and that’s only because the opponents screwed up somewhere. I guess in div 6 where people are usually terrible at the game kritz is more powerful, but now you will basically never get a med pick in higher divisions because you can survive both crit rockets and crit stickies.

Last edited by ondkaja,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 46 Next »