Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 45 46 47 ... 73 Next »

Setlet

150k ss’s?

Anyone want to guess how many will get caught?

allig4t0r

starlight

I hope there wont be any totally black screens in future (when plugin will be necessary in all matches). There was a massive amount of sheet some years ago in bf2 community and their AA video settings.

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Setlet

150k ss’s?

Anyone want to guess how many will get caught?

20ish Russians, 3 prem (or ex-prem) players, and 10 other players from different divisions.

Clark

SDCK!

About 20-25 lower divisions’ players and about 5 prem players.

GeaR

Epsilon

How come people are overreacting to a plugin taking screenshots und uploading them. Aequitas/wire did that too.

??????????

luzik

Suoli
moog

Last edited by luzik,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

It’s mostly because with Wire / Aequitas, you gave the program permission to do so. This plugin effectively takes client side information (a client side screenshot), with no consent, and uploads it to the server and sends to Anakin.

There’s huge privacy issues with this plugin. I’m sure that new EU Cookies and Privacy law covers a lot of what is happening here. E.g. a website or server owner has to be granted permission to extract anything on the user’s terminal machine, and even, the information obtained must not be distributed (e.g. their screenshots posted on a forum).

But then… I’m not a lawyer.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from AcidReniX

It’s mostly because with Wire / Aequitas, you gave the program permission to do so. This plugin effectively takes client side information (a client side screenshot), with no consent, and uploads it to the server and sends to Anakin.

There’s huge privacy issues with this plugin. I’m sure that new EU Cookies and Privacy law covers a lot of what is happening here. E.g. a website or server owner has to be granted permission to extract anything on the user’s terminal machine, and even, the information obtained must not be distributed (e.g. their screenshots posted on a forum).

But then… I’m not a lawyer.

I must be a complete moron, but I don’t see how screenshots taken from a pc game can violate your privacy.

AcidReniX

Because they are taken without your consent. The information does not have to be sensitive information for this to apply, and it is still taking files off of your computer.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from GeaR

How come people are overreacting to a plugin taking screenshots und uploading them. Aequitas/wire did that too.

??????????

Because the issue is not the fact it takes screenshots, but the manner in which it does it.

95% of the people in the etf2l community barely know what they’re talking about when it comes to programming/security/exploits and what not, hence the massive trust in anakin.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Waebi

‹Con›

i find it funny to see how so many of you are talking about the issue of privacy and not AGREEING to it, when clearly if there was a “real” AC client you’d not read the whole text anyway and just click agree as well, not giving a fuck (same with steam).

i dont mean to say it’s ok, but clearly it’s a minor issue. Now you know it’s happening, if you care, dont play on servers that do it.

Last edited by Waebi,

AcidReniX

I personally don’t care if screenshots of my game are taken, uploaded, and distributed, so I’d agree to the terms, if presented with them, as long as there is assurance that the plugin would only collect in game screenshots, with no option to be able to ‘break out’ of the game.

I’m just pointing out my observations, I still think the plugin is awesome, and just what ETF2L needs.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AcidReniX

I personally don’t care if screenshots of my game are taken, uploaded, and distributed, so I’d agree to the terms, if presented with them, as long as there is assurance that the plugin would only collect in game screenshots, with no option to be able to ‘break out’ of the game.

And that is how it should work. At the very least for server admins (after all, the goal is to catch cheaters..).

Squirry

nNT ≠

I think already that would seem stupid. But maybe in the pack where is all the archives that we should upload to our server, Anakin could implement like a “Terms and conditions” warning about everything that content this pack and what features have, etc etc. U know, at least, as Spike said “the owners of the servers have to know what are they installing in their server”

Already might would be just a wish, but as ArX said “that’s what ETF2L need” so, Anakin keep it up,nice work so far!

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

I bring it again, why not sending the screens to server admins instead of sending them to AnAkIn? Would solve all privacy issues

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 45 46 47 ... 73 Next »