Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 41 Next »

AnAkkk

AcidReniX, the point is not to nerf a class, but to remove the randomness of the game.

And why would the scout be overpowered now with this mod? All it does is taking the mid damage value. You don’t get the low and high values any more.

Rele

“You now need 3-4 stickies to kill an overhealed scout if they are even slightly indirect (above a door).”

Last time I got killed as Scout after being charged for a moment (~135hp) from a single sticky lying 2m from me. Random damage, again….

And, isnt the point of stickies to lay them around for area denial? People mainly use them as combat weapon, which is just wrong, and since Valve doesnt do anything against it, lets minimize the effect at least.

Renegade

Imperial

Arx this plugin has buffed demos as much as it has nerfed them. Same with every other class, unless the coding was done wrongly. The actual damage you get with a single grenade may have been different with the plugin turned off, but you cant know whether it was higher or lower. Also, to claim stickies are always less powerful now suggests something was done wrongly, as this plugins intention was never to directly reduce damages, only to keep the mean damage the same, and reduce the variances.

“People say the demoman is way too overpowered, and to an extent I would agree. But scouts annoy me as they can 2 shot me… does this make a good scout overpowered? Shall we change that too?”

I played medic in a pickup a few days ago, and it was only then that i realised my american friend who plays medic is right: it may not be overpowered to two shot a medic as scout, but it certainly isnt fun gameplay for a suicidal scout to take out your most important player with ease every time given he has the right circumstances (its only two shots, and with two scouts it becomes a little bit easier), but I guess this is just its design?

Two medics is disallowed and limited to one because a lot of depth is reduced from the game when a second medic is allowed to play, because suddenly the single medic can have 225 health (and will most of the time he can), and it isnt just health kits and natural regen that heal a medic anymore. Removing that removes one of the most interesting parts of this game, and gives the healer class the ability to react to enemies, rather than wait for healing from a teammate in a corner. One medic isnt overpowered so nobody complains about the power of medics; not even on steamforums.

Limiting demoman to one doesnt make the class alone any less powerful, it simply means you cant run two of them, which I believe most teams would by now, simply because they are more effective than soldiers in general in terms of damage, usefulness, and using ubercharges.

“I personally don’t see the demoman as such a big threat, I would much rather kill 1 or 2 soldiers as the enemy then loses a lot of their pushing power.”

But you see how killing 2 enemy soldiers is equal to killing 1 enemy demoman. How does that show balance?

MaNeY

PRO random damage!!! For greater excitement and more reality! :D

May the Random be with you!!!

AnAkkk

Stickies are not less powerful. As I said over 20 times now, all weapons have the mid damage of the random damage range. And no, there is no bug with the plugin, everything was tested and working fine.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Nice comment Riemu, real mature.

As for the plugin changing the game too much from standard public, I don’t think its a problem, if you look at cod4 for example they have promod which changes the game massively and its still a hugely popular game.

compton

cvx|

I’ve played some PCWs now with the plugin on. There is no distiguishable differences in the basic gameplay, it feels totally natural. Apparently the only thing TFTrue does is to remove all those “wtf i didn’t expect that” deaths/kills. Our demoman didn’t notice anything either.

kolox

obs.

The only real difference that I can see is that I dont get oneshotted by demo nades and our medic cant be one-stickied…

aside from that, scouts can still take eachother down to 20hp in one hit :x
Which still makes me rage

Zipok

Still voting for the tftrue testing cup to be hosted.

archu

rda

,,Thing is, the game can still be played exactly the same with this plugin as without. Sure there are variations in a few things, but it doesn’t exactly make the game better, just shifts who kills what a little, and it all seems kind of pointless to me.”

Bullshit, constant damage = no more situations where I hit other demo twice and he is still alive, what more then he can hit me twice and I’m DEAD yes ITS BULLSHIT and thats why I hate tf2.

AnimaL

“Still voting for the tftrue testing cup to be hosted.”

lol where?

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

“And, isnt the point of stickies to lay them around for area denial? People mainly use them as combat weapon, which is just wrong, and since Valve doesnt do anything against it, lets minimize the effect at least.”

I believe valve stopped that, by letting you shoot the stickies. So you kinda have to use it as a combat weapon, even more so with this mod if what arx said is true

Renegade

Imperial

Theres no reason for stickies to not need to be aimed well, and still do more damage than a rocket though is there, especially when they still can be hidden and used as traps.

archu

rda

Aiming stickies? very funny.

Riemu

element //

whys that so funny

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 41 Next »