Forum

Higher div players playing on lower divs

Created 29th January 2014 @ 12:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Funny thing is I nearly joined a div 6 team last night to help then out. I play medic. I can tell you straight away the main problem they have is with calling and comms. Anyone saying someone with my experience, who’s been main calling, (generally badly), for years and years wouldn’t improve their play is an idiot.

Just as much as a good demo, if not more. Class played is irrelevant and you can’t complain if a player is on the roster. Simplest. My last 3 div 3 seasons we faced ex prem players every time. One season we had 3 teams with ex prem players in and 1 with an ex div 1 player as well. It’s happened since forever, I remember one of my first threads on etf2l was about numlocked joining a div 5 team. Caused a shitstorm. Search for ‘numlocked in div 5 lol’ for a good read.

WeeD_SmokeR

Spike I created this post not only to show the admins that this happend mainly because the staff already knew about this but to see others people opinion. To see if I am right on this or I should just shut up and go with it. I did search for a topic similar to this and found none so I was assuming that this kind of events were never discussed amoung the community. And I’m sure that my team was not the first case.

ondkaja

IKEA

You didn’t even try to win and you blame your loss on MightyMe playing demo?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Monkeh

I remember one of my first threads on etf2l was about numlocked joining a div 5 team. Caused a shitstorm. Search for ‘numlocked in div 5 lol’ for a good read.

Please someone find the thread where Martndemus “refused to play” the team with Shintaz in it… That shit was hilarious.

WeeD_SmokeR

“You didn’t even try to win and you blame your loss on MightyMe playing demo?
I’m sorry sir but are you reading the same thread that I am?
We got rapped in less then 10 seconds on the golden cap.
If we didn’t even try to win we would not leave the spawn in the golden cap. But we tried. And got rapped.

WeeD_SmokeR

“My last 3 div 3 seasons we faced ex prem players every time. One season we had 3 teams with ex prem players in and 1 with an ex div 1 player as well”
And this will continue to happen. At least I am trying to do something about it.

Last edited by WeeD_SmokeR,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from WeeD_SmokeR

“You didn’t even try to win and you blame your loss on MightyMe playing demo?
I’m sorry sir but are you reading the same thread that I am?
We got rapped in less then 10 seconds on the golden cap.
If we didn’t even try to win we would not leave the spawn in the golden cap. But we tried. And got rapped.

Yeah, I read it as you lost one mid badly and gave up for the rest of the game. MightyMe must be a damn good rapper.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Everybody here puts his pants on the same way as you. One more experienced player may make a difference but not a huge one. As skeej explained, it also does not really make a whole lot of sense to ban all players that played in a higher division from participating in lower division matches.

Tough luck about the mercs but it seems that is being investigated anyway. In my time as team leader I have never agreed to a merc that has not been presented to me in form of an ETF2L link so I could check his experience first. It also happened that I only allowed mercs under the condition that they only play a certain class (if the opponent begged me to allow him despite his high level experience). I advise you to log all agreements regarding mercs in the match comments and take screenshots of the agreements.

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

HeadHunter and Byte mainclassing in div3. THAT AINT FAIR YO. Admins, pls

WeeD_SmokeR

@ondkaja
Yes i agree that the second map should not have go that way.
As I said:
“As for the second map. I cannot answer for all my team mates. Yes It should not have went that way. We should have played the second map. But I must admit. Even i lost all hope of having a fair match. Why bother playing to get rapped?
I want to play and learn more, not play and lose confidence in my self because thats what happens when you lose a mid fight in less than 10 seconds.(Like a wipe)”

Emsee

UbeR |

So, as a player of Uber I felt like I had to tell my side of the story on this particular match.
KkaltUu already described the match from our perspective, I’d just like to give some more details.

I am 99% sure any fun team with a prem player or a higher div player on their roster, would have let him play his main class on a golden cap round.
This does not make our decision a good one, or a well mannered one.

The switch was bad mannered and in bad taste, and I’d like to apologize to pNT. As you guys know, we have offered you a rematch for the match / GC round, if the admins agree.

I would also like to apologize personally, because I said in the chat that MightyMe was playing Medic, which turned out too not be the case. Of course, I am just a member of the team, I dont make decisions. And I’d advice pNT to never believe anything said in TF2 server chat. Still, my apologies.

The best situation to come out of this would be pNT accept the rematch, so we can once again do battle. Because the first map was extremely close and very exciting!

I hope this apology helps.

I wouldnt mind if pNT apologized themselves for their behaviour during the 2nd map, as it was just as bad mannered as our behaviour on the first map.

Again, no hard feelings towards you guys, I can see why you got upset. And I hope we can play that rematch soon!

Peace out!

WeeD_SmokeR

@CanFo

“Everybody here puts his pants on the same way as you. One more experienced player may make a difference but not a huge one.”

I’m sorry to disagree.
When MightyMe was playing Medic the match was going well. Nice and even for both teams.
But when he played as demoman we got wiped on the mid fight in less then 10 seconds. Losing the match after. So it does make a diference.

“As skeej explained, it also does not really make a whole lot of sense to ban all players that played in a higher division from participating in lower division matches.”

I didn’t say ban. But not let them play on their main class. I know that they still have the gamesence of a higher division but in this case not playing on his main dispite the knowledge of the game it self we did have a nice game. But then he changed to his main.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Just to set things straight a post here, i thought after reservoir dog said to not comment on the matchpage it would be wise to just wait what happens but since youve felt to make this topic and i see all kinds of bad things about my team here…

If you didnt deny all mercs who would play any class but medic which is mightyme’s class in our team we wouldve been able to keep playing like the first 30 minutes on granary. He played demo for 1-2 minutes only in the golden cap. What happened in the chat was a mess and MC made a mistake but he is not the leader nor can you force players to play a certain class. MM is on our roster and he can play any class. So if you allow Wiethoofd as a merc we can switch our roster as we like. Again we wouldve preffered to have mightyme on medic but you disalowed all mercs before even one in div6. Im sorry the namechange happened and it was immature just like all your insults about us and our moms in the chat, and the fact you did 50-100 pauses on gullywash just to piss us off.

Ofcourse there shouldnt be a rule against prem players playing mainclass below div 3, we are a fun team of freinds and we hardly play once a week. Most of our team have played in higher divisons bus as anyone can tell we are not trying to rape div5 we lost half our matches last season. The result on granary shows how close it was and mighty was gonna play medic on gully if you wouldve let us play. Stop trying to make rules for killing fun.

I dont know whats up with everyone calling this a dick move really from my pov we did hardly anything wrong aport from the stuff that was pointed out by mc and you insulted us badly and destroyed which was a fun game. We dont want a default or this result, we can replay if you want but you cant force us to play certain classes

And stop talking about mightyme im the star of this team and im mainclassing sometimes too.

Last edited by Vlijm,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from WeeD_SmokeR

[…]

I didn’t say ban. But not let them play on their main class. I know that they still have the gamesence of a higher division but in this case not playing on his main dispite the knowledge of the game it self we did have a nice game. But then he changed to his main.

You’d have to find a way to determine someone’s main class and some people played multiple classes on high level. A rule to ban experienced players from their main class in lower division would just make the ruleset a lot more difficult and would probably result in something unfair that does not make any sense.

Signs.

@ondkaja
i think you don’t understand what happened trully but that’s ok,
the point was, we felt tricked… we only accepted the merc because the merc was playing solly and mightyme kept playing medic…
they even changed nicknames to try to trick us…
the point wasn’t having mightyme playing as the main class. i couldn’t care less about that, the point was they tricked us, with a admin on the game, and first he did nothing because he wanted a win, and second they are going to get out of this for free.

regarding the offer mightyme made, is he feeling bad with himself about this?
why the offer if you did nothing wrong?
I can speak for me and my mates when I say We lost all the interest in playing the second map. What’s the point? They would to the same thing if the match was close or if we end up getting ahead… Of course our team can’t compete against a Prem Demo, and of course their whole team has more experience than our team… we are a quite new roster and we want to improve, but this way is impossible to do something…
So if we can put merc under class conditions i think the STV demo should be given to admins so they can see in which conditions we agreed to accept the merc.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »