Forum

Recommend a game server provider?

Created 1st February 2016 @ 06:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Need to switch providers from simrai. The server lag spikes for everyone, very often and often crashes…. Support is doing all they can except upgrade hardware. So, need to switch providers.

Current: Simrai 20 slot normal game server, €38 for 6mo but its performance is horrible

Hiperz 20 slot ‘private’ server, ‘always online’ €90 for 6mo
Fragnet 20 slot normal game server €74 for 6mo

I’ve used Fragnet in the past and they were okay, but €74 for 6mo is a tad much. Any other server providers I could consider for a better price that someone here can personally recommend?

I have 4 days to make a decision.

Thanks!

doks

You get what you pay for. Doubt there will be big improvements from simrai to fragnet.

Go for hiperz if you want quality, multi-location is really a good option, so you can switch around in case enemies have issues on one location.

Or … you know… use serveme premium. Test them all out and find one that is fine. So far 90% of high teams play their scrims there and no issues… Vanilla servers seem to have some problems, but the other ones are all about finding location that fits all players ping wise.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from doks

You get what you pay for. Doubt there will be big improvements from simrai to fragnet.

Go for hiperz if you want quality, multi-location is really a good option, so you can switch around in case enemies have issues on one location.

Or … you know… use serveme premium. Test them all out and find one that is fine. So far 90% of high teams play their scrims there and no issues… Vanilla servers seem to have some problems, but the other ones are all about finding location that fits all players ping wise.

Yeah serveme.tf is an option, I’ve had premium NA serveme for about a year and it’s very handy, but I’ve heard a lot of times that people can’t get a serveme for their scrim and then they’re snookered. But it’s worth a shot for now actually, will use a premium serveme and if there are availability issues I’ll look into going back with fragnet. Cheers.

MoistPenguin

TC

Quoted from b33p

[…]

Yeah serveme.tf is an option, I’ve had premium NA serveme for about a year and it’s very handy, but I’ve heard a lot of times that people can’t get a serveme for their scrim and then they’re snookered. But it’s worth a shot for now actually, will use a premium serveme and if there are availability issues I’ll look into going back with fragnet. Cheers.

for 135 euros a year you can have a “private” serveme server, you still have to reserve it using the serve me interface but no one else can use that server while it is your private one. You can change which server is your private one at any time as well. so that seems like your best option IMO

Quoted from b33p

[…]

t I’ve heard a lot of times that people can’t get a serveme for their scrim and then they’re snookered.

Availability issues only come in to play if you don’t book a server ahead of time. I generally book it in the afternoon for the evening and never get any issues.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

I didn’t know about the private serveme server, though it sounds worse than just getting a fragnet, no? Having to book even though nobody else can use it seems a bit bizarre, and I wouldn’t know what it’s like to upload new/custom maps etc. Every server provider I’ve used will allow the server location to be changed at any time. I’m not sure what I’m missing about this, no FTP access and you have to jump through a hoop every time you want to use it, and it’s negligibly cheaper than Fragnet. But it’s nice to know the option is there.

Going with premium serveme for the time being, thank you.

Sala'

vVv

My team have been using an mtxserv server for a long time, 9€/month for a 12 slot.
Servers are all located in France though.

Talking about quality, apart from a few reboots necessary to avoid server lags we didn’t have much problems with them.
Having a TFé server gives you a free mumble server too, always helpful.

Quoted from b33p

I didn’t know about the private serveme server, though it sounds worse than just getting a fragnet, no? Having to book even though nobody else can use it seems a bit bizarre, and I wouldn’t know what it’s like to upload new/custom maps etc. Every server provider I’ve used will allow the server location to be changed at any time. I’m not sure what I’m missing about this, no FTP access and you have to jump through a hoop every time you want to use it, and it’s negligibly cheaper than Fragnet. But it’s nice to know the option is there.

Going with premium serveme for the time being, thank you.

http://i.imgur.com/HczpNOJ.png

Uploading maps is pretty easy. Changing server location is a matter of talking to Arie and sending an rfc

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

If you rent a private server you can change it from your settings page at any time: http://serveme.tf/settings

Tenshi

Go rent yourself a cheap VPS running linux and set it up to run a tf2 server.
They only cost a few € a month and you can do anything you want with them, as long as you know what to do. And even if you don’t, you can simply follow guides, just ask google m8.

Last edited by Tenshi,

Add A Reply Pages: 1