Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 54 55 56 ... 116 Next »

Fishy

Thank you working well, everything seems to be a more mellow colour, getting 120 fps thanks Chris!

pvelikovi

Chris , what are you change in new update of maxframes.cfg ( v1.069 | 27 October 2010 )

octochris

(0v0)

Configs have been updated.

Changes:

* moreframes is now depreciated and unsupported. Move to highframes (recommended) or dx9frames instead.
* Moved fps_max value to customisation section for easy modification
* Changed default fps_max value from 120 to 121 after testing and changed adjacent comment
* Changed some variables in highframes, you should not notice a visual difference but there should be a slight performance increase.

You may need to do CTRL + SHIFT + R to see the changes to the config. Check that the update date is “27 October 2010”.

Infested

Did you change anything that is related to shuttering?

pvelikovi

Chris , sorry for the stupid questions , but can you tell me why in maxframes.cfg theese commands are:

mat_framebuffercopyoverlaysize “256”
mat_maxframelatency “1”

I asked , becouse everywhere in web , for more fps are:

mat_framebuffercopyoverlaysize “0”
mat_maxframelatency “0”

Thanks

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from pvelikovi

Chris , sorry for the stupid questions , but can you tell me why in maxframes.cfg theese commands are:

mat_framebuffercopyoverlaysize “256”
mat_maxframelatency “1”

I asked , becouse everywhere in web , for more fps are:

mat_framebuffercopyoverlaysize “0”
mat_maxframelatency “0”

Thanks

I wouldn’t trust anyone who says that those two settings are better, they’re the sort of people that think setting something to 0 always results in better performance. There’s a reason for having a cache, and there’s a reason for allowing frame latency. Both can result in degraded performance if set to 0.

Quoted from Infested

Did you change anything that is related to shuttering?

shuttering?

revanxp

Hey Chris just to let you know, after some testing i found antialias setting was what makes me crash using dx9 cfg or eventually have sound loop/lag. After asking you via mirc how to set trilinear (my default setting) the problem disappered and i haven’t had a single crash/problem since that.
Don’t know if this can a global solution or works just for me.

Keep up the good work.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Spike Himself

Using latest dx9frames as of last night. No crashes yet, but will keep you posted.

Had one yesterday, but it only lasted half a second. Other than that, everything seems fine.

pvelikovi

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I wouldn’t trust anyone who says that those two settings are better, they’re the sort of people that think setting something to 0 always results in better performance. There’s a reason for having a cache, and there’s a reason for allowing frame latency. Both can result in degraded performance if set to 0.

[…]

shuttering?

Thank you for the full answer.

ch3rry_

F.A.W.♥

Hi Chris. I’m using your dx9 frames config, and I have drops to around 40 wehn there is spam going on around me. Is there any specific reason? As I was crashing, I changed all the cvars in the threading section as you said. Any reason or any way to prevent these crashes?

AnimaL

Quoted from revanxp

Hey Chris just to let you know, after some testing i found antialias setting was what makes me crash using dx9 cfg or eventually have sound loop/lag. After asking you via mirc how to set trilinear (my default setting) the problem disappered and i haven’t had a single crash/problem since that.

Keep up the good work.

wait what? did u get AA and AF mixed up? or do u now have mat_trilinear 1, mat_forceaniso “2” and mat_antialias 0 ?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from revanxp

Keep up the good work.

do you mean AF? because AA and filtering have nothing in common…

revanxp

Quoted from octochris

[…]

do you mean AF? because AA and filtering have nothing in common…

mat_forceaniso “0”
mat_trilinear “1”

Another quick question:
#1 I saw you changed your launch options from -noforcedmparms to -useforcedmparms
Can you explain what that command does?

#2 Did you still use win xp? Does this: http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/tutorials/mouse-accel/ work with win7? (i read you haven’t tested it personally but since it’s an old tut maybe you know something new :P)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from revanxp

[…]
mat_forceaniso “0”
mat_trilinear “1”

That’s AF.

Quoted from revanxp

#1 I saw you changed your launch options from -noforcedmparms to -useforcedmparms
Can you explain what that command does?

Same thing, Valve just changed the command line option for it.

Quoted from revanxp

#2 Did you still use win xp? Does this: http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/tutorials/mouse-accel/ work with win7? (i read you haven’t tested it personally but since it’s an old tut maybe you know something new :P)

Supposedly it works on W7, bear in mind it won’t make any difference in TF2 though.

AnimaL

w7 has different regedit:

xcurve

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

00 A0 00 00 00 00 00 00

00 40 01 00 00 00 00 00

00 80 02 00 00 00 00 00

00 00 05 00 00 00 00 00

ycurve

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

66 A6 02 00 00 00 00 00

CD 4C 05 00 00 00 00 00