Forum

The Launch of TF2 TV !

Created 21st October 2010 @ 15:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Willow

I guess I should probably watch this game…

whatever gets monkeh off the forums

Last edited by octochris,

MikeChilds

.:ne:.
N³ |

Quoted from octochris

[…]

whatever gets monkeh off the forums

Oh, so you’re making Monkeh stay with us so you don’t have to read his posts?

:(

Monkeh

Quoted from Enef

(am i allowed to swear?)

Not even joking mate, but my mum rang me earlier and may be tuning in!!!

‘You are live on the t’interweb, please dont say fuck or bugger!’

Enef

fest
#wubafan

hahaha :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from MikeChilds

[…]

Oh, so you’re making Monkeh stay with us so you don’t have to read his posts?

:(

.:ne:. guantanamo bay edition

and just play matches 24/7

would be helpful, please consider it

Crunchy

T4F have used a wildcard, so no game tonight im afraid

basH.

hf

cast kick vs FB ?

Crunchy

they are doing epsilon vs rawr

Dummy

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Because the whole point of what we’re doing isn’t to continually cast Premiership games. If that’s what you thought, you completely missed the ethos behind our project, you didn’t read any of our news posts, you didn’t tune into the podcasts, you didn’t listen to huhy and comedian on Trell’s GamerFM show, in fact you appear to have done nothing at all.

TF2 TV is a project that was set up to cover every level of TF2. From the highly skilled players in the Premiership, to the lower division players and also to highlander players too. The point of which is to bring excitement to all levels of the community and to provide something that will entertain every single player, no matter what their skill level.

We’re still in the early stages at the moment, but with coverage of different level games, Video On Demand, Podcasts, future LAN casts, expansion to other nations and much more – things are growing by the day.

If you have any questions on the project, you are welcome to pop into irc – #tf2tv (Quakenet) or you can email me personally – [email protected]

Not sure how a simple question got a “you’ve done nothing” reply, was it seriously such an annoying post by me that you had to pull out the Jimmy Breeze card?
on(ish) topic, I for one would prefer a higher division game due to the fact that they turn out to be more exciting due to the sheer fact of them being premiere or whatever the division is. I know it’s rather dumb logic but, besides a handfull of friends of the team, most of the people watching would prefer to watch a higher division game as they do not know the team. More people are below div 2 (for example) than div 5 obviously, so although it’s nice to cover :ne:’s game it would be in my opinion more beneficial to you, in terms of popularity, and the watchers, in terms of excitement and learning.
/long sentence

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Crunchy

T4F have used a wildcard, so no game tonight im afraid

QUICK, RESTRAIN MONKEH

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
Not sure how a simple question got a “you’ve done nothing” reply, was it seriously such an annoying post by me that you had to pull out the Jimmy Breeze card?
on(ish) topic, I for one would prefer a higher division game due to the fact that they turn out to be more exciting due to the sheer fact of them being premiere or whatever the division is. I know it’s rather dumb logic but, besides a handfull of friends of the team, most of the people watching would prefer to watch a higher division game as they do not know the team. More people are below div 2 (for example) than div 5 obviously, so although it’s nice to cover :ne:’s game it would be in my opinion more beneficial to you, in terms of popularity, and the watchers, in terms of excitement and learning.
/long sentence

I disagree, I specced the 8U vs Versus game which was quite intresting to watch. Sure there’s more mistakes than in Prem/Div1&2 games, but then there’s also alot of opportunities for unexpected stuff to happen.

Lower division games can be exciting, and more coverage is never a bad thing.

Monkeh

Quoted from Dummy

although it’s nice to cover :ne:’s game it would be in my opinion more beneficial to you, in terms of popularity, and the watchers, in terms of excitement and learning.
/long sentence

I think again, you seem to have missed the point. tf2tv.com want to promote all levels of TF2. They’ll show plenty of high level play I’m sure. I know for a fact there would have been at least 20 people watching from my friends list alone, so I reckon their would have been enough spectators to make it worthwhile.

Not to mention the epicness that us being able to listen to some expert analysis after the event would be brilliant and very helpful. Although maybe I’m being very generous to Enef with the word ‘expert’? :p

So thanks for the sentiment guys, maybe the rescheduled match could find some space? Monday the 22nd, 21:00 CET, you know, just FYI ;)

Quoted from octochris

QUICK, RESTRAIN MONKEH

Sorry man.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Dummy

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

I disagree, I specced the 8U vs Versus game which was quite intresting to watch. Sure there’s more mistakes than in Prem/Div1&2 games, but then there’s also alot of opportunities for unexpected stuff to happen.

Lower division games can be exciting, and more coverage is never a bad thing.

Oh, I didn’t mean that it would be boring – just think about this, if there’s a premiere/div 1 game going on as this was supposed to, then doing this game would (in theory) cancel out atleast some of the div 1, div 2, div 3 playerbase due to it being a lower division game. My only point is that a higher division game attracts more attention.
Not too sure what the ‘promote all levels of tf2’ means, but (probably missing some crucial point here like an idiot) it would be better to promote a relatively better game

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Can I just ask what’s a Jimmy Breeze card and how can I get one???

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
Not too sure what the ‘promote all levels of tf2’ means, but (probably missing some crucial point here like an idiot) it would be better to promote a relatively better game

The clue is essentially in the words chief.

Constant casting of premiership games, whilst I’m sure is super exciting, doesn’t really give any focus on other divisions or allow the coverage of the other 95% of the playerbase of TF2.

That’s why we’re casting various levels. You’d be surprised how exciting some of the lower division games can be – if it’s not your thing, fair enough…but plenty of people do enjoy it and as such we will continue to cater to them.

Hope that helps to explain it more :) As I said before if you want to talk to me about in more depth – you’re welcome to!

P.S. I lost my JimmyBreeze card so I used a line from ‘The Demourge guide to posting on ETF2L’, sorry for any confusion between brands x

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »