May 4, 2017
Banner by NyanZak
Announcing Season 27
First of all congratulations once again to Season 26 winners, Se7en. With the two One Night Cups now over, signups are open until 19th of May at 21:00 CEST.
Premiership signups will close on the 10th of May at 21:00 CEST.
Due to the success of the Fresh Meat Challenge we are going to be adding an extra tier to Season 27. The Fresh Tier will have similar experience restrictions to the Fresh Meat Challenge. However only 6v6 teams can signup, fun teams are ineligible to play in regular seasons. We will also be adding Friday as a valid day to play for all tiers, meaning that games can be played from Sunday to Friday. This new tier however is subject to getting enough signups to run both fresh meat and the standard four tiers. If there are not enough teams then teams signed up for the fresh meat tier will be placed in open.
All participants (excluding Buddies) are limited to a maximum skill experience (applicable only at the date signups are closed):
- Maximum 15 matches in ETF2L Open played.
- Cannot participate if you played in ETF2L Open playoffs or above, or above ETF2L Division 5.
- Cannot participate if you played in UGC Silver or above (the number of UGC Iron or Steel matches will not be counted).
- Cannot participate if you have played in the Fresh Meat Challenge Playoffs.
The above restrictions apply to both Highlander and 6v6 seasons, cups do not count towards this limit.
You can still play if you have more experience but only as a buddy. The rules for Buddies are as follows:
- Are restricted to playing matches only as the Medic class.
- Restricted to a maximum of 2 Buddies per team.
- Buddies need to be tagged with the appropriate role on the team profile.
Make sure to choose your desired tier when signing up to the season in the sign up process. If you created a new team, feel free to apply for the tier you believe you deserve you should be in. To prove you are capable of the tier you applied for, we require you to submit screenshots or logs of results from your recent practice matches or tournaments where you scored decent results against teams that play on the level you aim for, send an application to email@example.com (details listed below) with a suitable subject. Emails with subjects like “Hello”, “Hi” or anything else that cannot be identified as a team applying for a tier by mail may be ignored.
Additionally since it happens time and time again, you do not sign up by mail, you sign up on the site and apply by mail if you are a newly formed team playing in anything higher than Open.
The quantity of screenshots or logs is not the most important factor in this case, it’s more of a helpful measure for us to figure out if your team will be able to keep up with the pace. There is no magical, minimum or maximum number of screenshots or logs that you have to submit.
When sending links to logs on logs.tf or similar it is highly recommended that you include a short explanatory comment for each linked log, e.g. who your opponents are supposed to be and where they played last season. Also helpful for us, but not a must however, is adding who the opposing team is in each screenshot or log (and maybe even the division they played in the last time). That makes it easier for us, because sometimes it can be quite hard (especially in the lower tiers) to figure out who the teams in the screenshots are. We will not accept plain lists of logs without any comments!
Please note that the success of your request also strongly depends on the free slots in the tier you aim for. Established teams will be favoured over new teams or teams that request to jump a tier. The screenshots have to be uploaded to an online image storage service (for example, you can use imgur or Dropbox). Keep in mind that if you opt for a zipped archives with tons of pictures attached to an e-mail, your application will be ignored. Keep it clean.
If you are applying for Open tier or Fresh tier (which is our entry division), you do not have to provide any proof that you are capable of playing at that level.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The tier assignment request has to include the following information in order to be considered. Incomplete applications will be ignored!
- Do not use HTML in your e-mail. If you want to add a link, just paste the link in the e-mail as you would enter it in your browser.
- Team name
- Team link on ETF2L.org
- Tier you are applying for
- Link to the online photo album with comments
- Reasons why your team deserves to be placed in the tier you applied for (optional)
Season 27 Promotions/Demotions
All Open and Mid playoff teams as well as the winner of High will receive a promotion to the next highest tier, unless their starting roster changed by more than half of their players.
The bottom two teams in the Premiership will be demoted and will have to compete with any potential premiership teams in the preseason playoffs if they wish to stay in the Premiership.
- Signups: May 04 – May 19, 21:00 CEST (Premiership signups will close early, on the 11th of May at 21:00 CEST)
- Publishing of Provisional Divisions: May 19th
- Publishing of Final Divisions: May 20th
- Pre-Season Premiership Playoffs: May 13th – May 20th
- Main Season: May 21st – July 7th (7 Weeks)
- High/Mid/Open Playoffs: July 9th – July 23rd
- Premiership Finals: July 23rd
If you intend to sign up for the Premiership Tier we encourage you to do so as soon as possible. Due to the Pre-Season Playoffs happening while signups are still open, we will only consider teams for the Pre-Season Playoffs that signed up before the 11th of May at 21:00 CEST. Additionally we expect teams without a guaranteed Premier Division spot to be able to compete on the provided Pre-Season Playoff dates.
We are running Double Elimination as our format of choice for Premiership Playoffs again.
The games will be played between the 9th and 23th of July. We will allow some flexibility with dates, but the grand final must be played on the 23rd of July at the latest.
Unlocks and Map Pool
We are still looking at feedback from the One Night Cup with regards to the unlocks, with a forum topic to provide feedback of the changes done for the Preseason Cup.
The map pool will remain unchanged from Season 26.
- Week 1: cp_process_final & cp_badlands
- Week 2: cp_badlands & cp_reckoner_rc2
- Week 3: cp_reckoner_rc2 & cp_gullywash_final1
- Week 4: cp_gullywash_final1 & koth_product_rc8
- Week 5: koth_product_rc8 & cp_snakewater_final1
- Week 6: cp_snakewater_final1 & cp_granary_pro_rc4
- Week 7: cp_granary_pro_rc4 & cp_process_final