June 12, 2014
Banner by stuntz
Highlander Nations Cup #3
It is that time of the year again – time for the best players of each country to band together and prove their country is the best at Highlander!
The Cup will feature a Group Stage and a single-elimination Tournament, and will take place throughout July and August, with the finals to be played either side of i52. Each country will be represented by one team consisting out of players of the same nationality, led by a Captain chosen through the applications process.
Team Captain Applications
Captain Applications are now open.
National teams are created and managed by Captains chosen out of submitted applications. Each Captain will pick the best possible roster from amongst their countrymen and lead their glorious squadron to victory. There are no restrictions on which players you can field in your team, so long as they are of your country’s nationality and are eligible to play in ETF2L.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com, explaining why you should be your country’s captain and describe your planned national roster. Applicants who have experience leading successful ETF2L teams and a good reputation in the scene will be given priority. This should be self explanatory but you should include at least your nickname and your ETF2L profile link in the application letter.
Captain Applications will close on Friday, 20th of June at 23:59 CEST. Only approved Captains and their National Teams will be added to the competition.
Unlocks, Schedule & Maps
The Highlander Nations Cup will use the same unlock rules as ETF2L Highlander Season 6.
The provisional schedule and map pool are as follows:
Please bear in mind that this schedule is based on the prediction that we will have a similar number of teams sign up as last year. If the number of teams is different, the schedule may change however the dates will roughly remain similar throughout.
- Announce & Captain Applications: June 10
- Captains Announced: June 22
- Schedule week: June 29 – July 6
- Groups Round 1: July 7 – July 11
- Groups Round 2: July 12 – July 16
- Groups Round 3: July 17 – July 21
- Groups Round 4: July 22 – July 26
- Groups Round 5: July 7 – July 11
- Tiebreaker Round: July 27 – July 31
- Round of 16: August 1 – August 5
- Quarter Final: August 6 – August 10
- Semi-Final: August 11 – August 15
- Grand Final: August 16 – September 7
The map pool will contain the following maps: pl_badwater, cp_steel, pl_upward, koth_pro_viaduct_rc4, cp_gravelpit, cp_process_final and cp_intermodal*
During the Group Stages, each map will be played as a bo1. During the knockout stages each map will be played as a bo3.
- Groups Week 1: pl_badwater + cp_steel
- Groups Week 2: pl_upward + cp_intermodal
- Groups Week 3: koth_pro_viaduct_rc4 + cp_gravelpit
- Tiebreaker Week: Best of 3 picked from the map pool.
- Round of 16: pl_badwater + koth_pro_viaduct_rc4 (cp_intermodal if needed)
- Quarter Final: pl_upward + cp_process_final (cp_steel if needed)
- Semi-Final: Best of 3 picked from the map pool.
- Grand Final: Best of 3 picked from the map pool.
*cp_intermodal will be played on the latest version, this will be announced once known. Until then, here is the most up to date version.