February 12, 2013
Banner by huhy
“…that shot was a sound of alarm that brought every soldier in the harbor to his feet.”
While I do not hope you will stay on your feet forever (rocketjumps win games), I wish to announce the next round in our BBall Cup! Some teams like caLóóó (hats off to you good Sirs) finished so fast, they have been waiting for almost three weeks for the other teams to catch up! So now we shall clear the court once again!
However first let me quickly clear two questions which may come up: First, tied teams were ranked in a head-to-head record, while a single three way tie had to be played for one division. Second, as expected, the first of a division will be matched up against the second of another division and I tried to spread out teams as much as possible so you won’t be playing the same team anytime soon!
Now let’s take a look at the current situation, shall we? As a quick reminder:
- Best of three maps (keep this in mind, your games will most likely take longer now!)
- No ties for a single map when the map timer reaches zero (play a best of five rounds to decide a winner!)
- Map, class limits and config stay the same
New times on the default dates!
Due to several requests the new default date times have changed from 20:30 to 19:00 CET.
If you can’t play at the default date just reschedule it with your opponent!
And while we are at it here the schedule for the next few rounds:
- Round of 64: February 13 to February 16, 23:59 CET
- Round of 32: February 17 to February 19, 23:59 CET
- Round of 16: February 20 to February 23, 23:59 CET
Please remember every game missing a result when the deadline has come will be decided with a coin flip!
Since it has been quite some time, here once again what we are fighting for:
- 1st place – 2 x Keyboard – Tt eSPORTS Knucker
- 2nd place – 2 x In-Ears – Tt eSPORTS Isurus-Dub
- 3rd place – 2 x Mouse Mat – 3rd Place – Tt eSPORTS Pyrrhus
Addendum to the special rules section
While the first should be no news to you, I would like to remind you of the following:
- Since this is a 2v2 competition you will have at least 1 (main) player to play all the matches with his second player being from the roster. Anything else will be considered a merc and needs to be allowed by the opponents (if the main player is missing his replacement is considered a merc even if it’s a player from the roster!)
The second is to prohibit some lame play:
- It is not allowed to deliberately drop the intelligence on top of any of the billboards / poles behind each basket.
As always, if you notice a rule break, pause and talk about it. However continue playing and the game afterwards.
Remember the additional Tt eSPORTS Knucker?
It’s mine now.
Just kidding – we are going with publish a news dedicated to this. It will contain a few questions for you to answer. Winner will be randomly selected of the group with the most correct answers!