January 31, 2013
During the Christmas update, Valve added a new medigun to the game with unique gameplay mechanics – The Vaccinator. What better way is there to test its effect on gameplay than with a Vaccinator-exclusive One Night Cup?
The Cup will take place on Thursday, 7th of February, and both 6v6 and fun teams are welcome. Signups will close at 18 CET on Cup Night.
What makes this medigun unique?
- It stores four mini-ubers, 2 seconds each.
- Mini-ubers charge very quickly – less than 7 seconds each.
- A mini-uber protects only from the selected damage type for the 2 second duration.
- The 10% bullet damage reduction allows the Medic to survive a 100% charge bodyshot at full health.
- Soldiers and Demomen can heal the Medic by damaging themselves.
With the Vaccinator, both Medics will have partial ubers very quickly, and uber advantage counts for little. The high charge speed makes individual ubers expendable, allowing the Medic to pop an uber whenever it can give his team an edge.
Cup Format and Schedule
The cup will be single elimination with all matches played on the same night:
- 19:00 CET – Brackets posted
- 20:00 CET – Ro16 – cp_badlands
- 20:45 CET – Ro8 – cp_granary
- 21:30 CET – Ro4 – cp_snakewater
- 22:15 CET – Finals – cp_gullywash_final1
- 1 map per match
- Each map is a 30 minute to round
- The round is played with mp_winlimit 5
- If scores are tied a Golden Cap round is played
- Overtime rules: timelimit 10, winlimit 1. First team to cap wins. If neither team caps in 10 minutes, the round goes to whoever controls the middle point.
Make sure to let admins know if your match is running more than 5 minutes late. If you are 10 minutes late then set mp_timelimit to 20 minutes, and so on. This is to keep the next round on time.
- Vaccinator only – you may not use any other mediguns, regardless of whether they are blocked by the whitelist.
- All other unlocks follow the S14 whitelist
The updated white-list can be found here!
As the stock medigun cannot be blocked by a whitelist, it is up for the teams to enforce the weapon ban. If you see your opponents using the medigun, pause the game and ask them to change it. If they refuse take a screenshot and contact an admin in IRC (or at the Support Page)
Unverified players will count as mercs.
Medics must use the Vaccinator – activating an Ubercharge on any other medigun, or using any other medigun after being warned by opponents, will result in a default loss for the offending Medic’s team.
As usual with One Night Cups, up to 2 mercs are allowed with the opponent’s approval
For everything else, standard ETF2L 6v6 Season 14 rules apply.