September 27, 2011
The third ETF2L Ultiduo Cup, albeit a little later than usual, has arrived! The date for day 1 is Sunday, October 2nd. Not much is different, except for one thing – day 1 will be groups, not a knockout stage. This means that every team will be put into a group, with the top 1 or 2 progressing to the knockouts (very dependent on signups as to how many groups and how many are promoted). More importantly however, if you ever thought that you’d be knocked out in the first round, you are able to compete by playing all your other matches in the group rather than signing up, checking in for 1 match. Every team should get to play, at the very least, 3 matches.
While the previous cup had best-of-three games, it may or may not be best-of-one this time round. The smaller we make the groups, the more likely it is the games will be best-of-three. All group games however must be played on the Sunday and so we are limited by time. The start time should be around 19:30-20:00 CEST, and the finishing time 23:00 CEST. Feel free to comment if this is an issue, but we really cannot give a precise picture until we get the number of signups. Watch out for a following newspost!
A quick reminder, though – check-in proceeds as normal with a google spreadsheet, except a little earlier to allow for the extra time it takes to manage groups as opposed to knockout. The same two players must play every game in the tournament. For any other rules, check previous newsposts or see the handy quick guide below:
- Setup – Cup of 64/128, single elimination, best-of-three
- Prizes – $ 300 first place, $ 100 second place
- Unlocks – Medic: Blutsauger & Ubersaw allowed. Soldier: all unlocks banned, except the Disciplinary Action (and skins such as the Frying Pan and Original).
- Map – koth_ultiduo_r_b7 (download here)
- Sign-ups open – Now
- Server config – Here
And the schedule:
- Sign-ups close: Sunday 2nd October, 16:00 CEST
- Check-in: 16:00 CEST – 18:30 CEST
- Matches: 20:00 CEST – 23:00 CEST (approximately!)
Don’t forget about the server for training (London, UK): connect 126.96.36.199; password mission. Good luck to all participating teams!