March 3, 2011
Unlock rules are always expected to be the spice of a season. Compared to last season a few small things will change, largely keeping the flavour of last seasons intact. The ruleset should provide a more structured framework that will allow a sustainable way of keeping the primary gameplay as focus, with possibilities of future additions if metagame changes would request so. Hopefully this will provide a good taste for both people looking to spice things up as well as those looking for a milder experience.
Season 9 Unlock Ingredients:
- Main combat classes (scout, soldier, demoman, heavy): Bonk, Equalizer, Sandvich and Pain train allowed.
- Support classes: All allowed, except Wrangler, Vita-Saw and Amputator which are banned.
- Set hats banned (where possible)
- Weapon (re)skins, hats and other visuals are enabled by default, but can be disabled if teams wish so.
What this means.
Combat classes will retain a mostly pure form of combat with a few established unlocks allowed. Support classes have a different role and are therefore allowed a wider variety of unlocks. The Medic’s Crossbow will arguably be the biggest addition providing an interesting skill mechanic for medics. The (only) other unlock from the Christmas update is the pyro’s rake, although the Degreaser should be the most interesting addition for the skilled pyro players. Other support class unlocks are known from last season or should provide some fine-tuning for the more dedicated users of a class.
Whitelist & Config
Season 9 will provide a item whitelist and a new ETF2L config. The new config will include a new CTF command that should handle rounds of 5 for Turbine. The config will also execute and handle the whitelists. The ETF2L whitelist should make sure no accidental mistakes with unlocks can be made. In addition to the default whitelist, teams can choose to use a whitelist that disables pure visual items like skins and hats. To do so, set the correct line in the config or enter mp_tournament_whitelist “cfg/etf2l_whitelist_nohat.txt” and mp_tournament_restart. To disable the whitelist entirely for practise or fun games, use mp_tournament_whitelist “off” and mp_tournament_restart.
You can find the download link below, place the whitelist files in the cfg folder on your server along with the updated etf2l config.
Other rule info
- Next season will use Heavy limit 1. Obviously this means that in a game, a team can only use 1 heavy at a time.
- The premier division playoff structure will be changed a bit to make better use of the results of the season. First, the team that placed 4th in the season will play versus the 3rd placed team. The winner of that match will play against the 2nd placed for a spot in the Grand Final versus the team that ranked 1st.
- Matches played in premier division will have to upload STV demos of matches in addition to the (status) screenshots. POV demos are only required upon request.
- Please note that warnings will be given out this season if a match has not been played after the match deadline, unless an admin has been consulted and an extension of the match deadline has been granted.
- As a general reminder we like to note that match comments should be used to record any agreements between two teams regarding the use of mercs, servers or other issues. This way you can ensure easy processing of results, as well as avoiding problems when a dispute arises.
That’s all for this post. Be sure to check the previous post for the new fixed version of Turbine and the updated map list. Stay tuned for more info and details on some upcoming events!