September 28, 2008
Arena Cup #1
After the success of our Watchtower-Arena-1-Day-Cup, we are happy to announce our Arena Cup #1 Sign-Ups will open tonight!
The cup will take place in the coming weeks (see below for Dates) on all known Arena maps and will be played with our Community rules 4on4, CL1, No Medics + Engineers. One last public poll will also decide which Winmode will be used in the upcoming Arena Cups. Take your right to vote below!
Besides we always want to remind all teams who played our Watchtower Cup to give their vote about the map on our Forum Poll [Link]. This poll will decide if the map gets added to the Map Pool or not.
- Slots: 64
- Gamemode: Arena, 4on4, CL1, No Medics + Engineers
- Map-Pool: arena_badlands, arena_granary, arena_lumberyard, arena_ravine, arena_watchtower_b3, arena_well
- Map System: Fixed Maps
- Winmode: 2 Map Wins, Amount of Rounds decided by Public Poll below
- Sign-Ups *OPEN NOW*
- Sign-Ups closing: Sunday, 5th October, 23:59 CEST
- Round 1: Monday, 6th October till Wednesday, 15th October
- At least 4 members entered
- At least 2 different contact methods entered
- SIGN UP LINK (don’t forget you will have to register an Arena team first)
- Accepted Teams: [Link] – 48 teams already signed!
Choose your favorite Winmode for Arena Maps!
Total Voters: 203
New Pause Rule
After some internal discussion we agreed on adding the following Pause Rule:
1.6.15 Pause if players drop
If 1 player of a team drops from the server, the game may be paused at the end of the current round (or when both team’s intelligence is in their base on CTF maps) to allow the player to return. If 2 or more players drop, pausing instantly is allowed.
Pausing will be a maximum of 5 minutes, unless both teams agree to wait longer.
Note: This rule does not count for disconnects caused by players themselves.