Forum

Best mouse for low sensitivity play

Created 8th July 2009 @ 23:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

fJack

k^m

well I was an idiot and lost my IE 3.0 at TCL, so I’m considering trying something else. i use quite a low sens (2.6 at 400 dpi) and so I need something that won’t skip at high speeds. at the moment i think i’ve narrowed it down to:

deathadder (is there a certain model number that fixed the lift off issue?)
ikari (is the optical or laser better for consistent tracking?)
roccat kone (no idea if this skips or not, some recommended it)
..or another 3.0

so if anyone has any experience with these mice or advice on what else to go for, it would be appreciated. :]

(i left out the mx518 because i tried it and it’s too small for my hands to grip comfortably).

Death Adder!

AFAIK the lift-off issue was fixed with a firmware update, so you don’t have to worry about any model numbers or anything. (and a new DA should come with a pretty up to date firmware anyways)

The latest firmware even removes all prediction.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Profuse I use a similar sense to you at about 20cm/180 (I know your slightly lower)
and I do believe the same mousepad: qck+

I use the deathadder atm, while I think I was probably better with the mx518, the deathadder technically tracks better and is more responsive. I have no problems with the deathadder at all. Great mouse and works great for low sense.

fJack

k^m

hmm the deathadder is looking more and more appealing, anyone have experience with the ikaris?

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Yes I have the ikari optical. If you have a problem with liftoff distance then this really isn’t the mouse for you. The lift-off distance is HUUUUUGE. Makes it horrible playing with a low sense.

Apparently the ikari LASER is slightly better in terms of this lift-off problem. So that may be a valid option. However I felt with the ikari, you couldn’t get a suitable enough grip to make small movements. Maybe that’s just my hand though.

The tracking on it’s good though (not as good as the deathadder) and the mousefeet make one direction glide very comfortable but fast side to side movements are slightly more “sticky”.

Edit: Akill was using a MS 3.0 at i36, and when he tried my deathadder he said he was able to grip it even better and that it was a great mouse. Then again how could he tell with his 20.0 sensitivity :(

Ino

dp.
dp.

I just got the DA 3 weeks ago, firmware is already up to date, no lift-off problems. I can only recommend this mouse.

Iller

tGa

Yes, I can confirm the high liftoff distance for the Ikari optical.
The Ikari laser is at the other extreme end with almost no liftoff distance. It seems to stop tracking if you just lift it a fraction of a millimeter.

I had some big problems adjusting to this new liftoff distance after I had used the optical for a year, but now it’s very nice.
The tracking of the Ikari laser is absolutely perfect in my opinion (at least with my Qpad).

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Threads like this are going to end up everyone recommending their own mice. Oh, G9 is epicly awesome btw.

Well, i have use a Kone and need 10-15cm for a 360, dunno if that is considere lowsense, but anyway, it seems there is no use for such an expensive mouse, while mice like the mx518 are same as useful.
But wasnt there once that graph about that kind of thing? It should pretty much clear which the best mice is then..

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Threads like this are going to end up everyone recommending their own mice. Oh, G9 is epicly awesome btw.

Not really rake… Alot of people here have been gamers for years and have tried many a mouse. Ofc at the end of the day it’s all preferance, but from votes you can easily see a general trend in the “good” mice.

The more mice you try generally the better picture you get, and also I’d say some mice are better for highsense and lowsense definately.

fJack

k^m

thanks a lot for the detailed advice GibbZ, i’m now going to start looking for the best priced deathadder :]]

Rev

I’m also a low-sens player, tested many different razer/microsoft/logitech mices in the last years, and must say:

Buy a deathadder !!!!11one

(I just had to post this, even if I knew that you’re already on your way to buy one)

Qun

GoT<3

DeathAdder!

Jonni

[FB]

I’d say. go for the ikari laser and change your sens from 2.6 at 400 dpi -> 1 @ 1040 (yes, ikari lets you set that kind of dpi values :P)
result is same movement speed but less chance of skipping at high speed because the mouse measures at a higher resolution.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

jonni lies, don’t listen to him.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »