Forum

koth_highpass

Created 17th July 2015 @ 17:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Bloodhound

Hello european competitive folks,
I would like to present you koth_highpass. ;)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54434157/maps/koth_highpass/rc1a/screenshots/koth_highpass_rc1a_1.jpg

Highpass was first started back in 2011 by Psy (the creator of plr_nightfall).
He abandoned it. I picked it up (with his permission and support) in early 2013.
This year I came back to polish it a little. :)
Latest release is RC1a from 13. July.

Here are some screenshots:
Overview
Yard with Middle Building
Left Yard
Right Yard
Spawn (outside)
Spawn (inside)
Left Route (Spawn to Yard)
Right Building (Yard to Mid)
Middle Building (Yard to Mid)
Building next to the bridge (CP)

TF2Maps.net thread

I would be very glad to get some feedback from competitive teams.
I think it’s many suitable for Highlander, but if some 6v6 team want to try it, why not? ;)

Download (RC1a)

Last edited by Bloodhound,

Popcorp

I remember giving the feedback for this map back in 2013, glad to see that it improved a lot.

stephen

koth maps should be mirrored for competitive play, for example, the crates/boxes on point being on opposite sides provides an advantage for the right team, and it seems the walkway onto the spire thing differs from right and left side. When you design a koth map for comp play, a team should not have an advantage due to what side they’re on. Look at viaduct pro for example.

Last edited by stephen,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

The map is mirrored though, the overview of the map only has from spawn to mid and not from spawn to spawn.

quintosh

wL.

psy = the guy who made overpass on cs?

Bloodhound

Quoted from Bloodis

The map is mirrored though, the overview of the map only has from spawn to mid and not from spawn to spawn.

Here is a full overview. I’m hope that clears some confusion. The blue side has been rotated by 180 deg. and than retextures. No gameplay differeces at all.

Quoted from stephen

koth maps should be mirrored for competitive play, for example, the crates/boxes on point being on opposite sides provides an advantage for the right team, and it seems the walkway onto the spire thing differs from right and left side. When you design a koth map for comp play, a team should not have an advantage due to what side they’re on. Look at viaduct pro for example.

I don’t really get what you say. Mirrored seems a lot more unfair than rotated to me. Since on mirrored maps the rollout is different for both teams. Apart from that there is the issue with projectiles spawning on the right side, so one team has advantages on certain corners.
What is “the spire thing”?
These ramps?

I can assure you that beside some really minor detail geometry changes there is no game play affecting differences between both sides.

Quoted from quintosh

psy = the guy who made overpass on cs?

Psy made a CS:GO map, but it’s called “overgrown”, was in an operation though. ;)

Last edited by Bloodhound,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Bloodhound

I don’t really get what you say. Mirrored seems a lot more unfair than rotated to me. Since on mirrored maps the rollout is different for both teams. Apart from that there is the issue with projectiles spawning on the right side, so one team has advantages on certain corners.

I don’t believe that this would even make any difference at all either, it just develops a team to find a good position to hold in for the map and makes it more interesting when you find a way to flank to it, just like in Viaduct but this map has more ways to go behind enemies than in Viaduct.
I just don’t believe in general that this map would have problems simply just because it’s rotated, play it and see for yourself.

Add A Reply Pages: 1