Forum

Default Dates. One team proposed several dates, the other never replied.

Created 6th April 2010 @ 18:33

Locked Pages: 1

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

We just got a default date thats really bad for us – but we did propose possible dates for us. The other team never reacted in any way or proposed a date or anything. Default dates have to be on thursday or sunday. Why aren’t default dates set to a date on which at least one team can play for certain? Why ignore them, if they did everything right?
In general, if one team doesnt react to proposals or doesnt mind to schedule at all, why should the other team get the same disadvantage? Thats just unfair. Do you agree?
I just spoke several minutes with an etf2l admin about this and he couldnt give me an answer.

Last edited by dave,

_Ben

;?

This was a mistake we are human after all :) It’s now been changed to a friendlier time/date

Anymore questions contact me on irc

Last edited by _Ben,

black

trick17
trick17

Yeah I agree with you.
If a team that is not interested in arranging a match at all and does not respond to your requests, it has to live with any given default date. And that should be one that is at least ok for the other team.
idk why Mr. Default Date ignored your possible dates if your opponent didn´t do anything.

In our matches, Mr. Default Date listened to our proposals :)

Last edited by black,

Nuck

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from black

Yeah I agree with you.
If a team that is not interested in arranging a match at all and does not respond to your requests, it has to live with any given default date. And that should be one that is at least ok for the other team.
idk why Mr. Default Date completely ignores possible date´s given by one team if the other team doesn´t do anything.

+1
that´s exactly what we meant.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

if that happens again just use !admin in #etf2l and we will have a look at it immediately

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

It’s now been changed to a friendlier time/date

but still the same disadvantage for us, because its not one of the dates we proposed but a random different date.

if that happens again just use !admin in #etf2l and we will have a look at it immediately

thats exactly what i did. it got changed from thursday to sunday. we proposed tuesday and wednesday…

Last edited by dave,

ambra

simple
ban the people who want to play at 20 cet
fix the hour at 21 cet
ban russians (21 cet omg late we want to sleep)

perfect league

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from dave

[…]thats exactly what i did. it got changed from thursday to sunday. we proposed tuesday and wednesday…

The default dates are set at the start of the week. Yesterday was a bank holiday, so they could not be set as most admins were busy spending time with their families.

We are not going to set a default date on the same day (Tuesday) or on a Wednesday (in just over 24hrs time from the date), unless there are no other options.

Neither team suggested that they can’t play on Sunday 11th. Neither team has a match scheduled on Sunday 11th.

#etf2l for these queries, not the forums.

Locked Pages: 1