x
Note to all PASS Time Cup Participants: All Mercs have to be approved by your opponent. There are NO Default Mercs in the cup. You are allowed 1 Merc per game. Usual Merc rules apply.

There is also a known issue with the whitelist not working after changing the map, please use rcon tftrue_whitelist_id 14555
x
Dear teams and players, for the upcoming Highlander Season 32 (Summer 2024), we also have a poll form we would appreciate you to fill out to help us make decisions for the season. You can find and fill out this poll form Here.

Forum

Ladder Feedback

Created 19th October 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 24 Next »

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Perhaps you could change it so that the challenging team pick a map, and then the team that gets challenged can choose a 2nd map when they accept it?

JvanW

=[IDK]=
=[IDK]=

I am getting atm a lot of challenge requests from div2 clans. We are playing in div6.
So if there will be a penalty for clans like us when we reject a div2 clan, then it wouldnt be fair. But i think you understood that already.

Its just what klu is saying. I accept a challenge, but they added already a date and time in. But then we agree on a different date and time. I need to add this fixture to the calendar and then i can edit it.

Norris

well you are in the top ranks. how are div2 teams supposed to claim to the top if you aren’t going to play them?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

We are only div3, and still you decline :(. iirc you were even looking for a mid medic couple of weeks ago.

Ijantis

I am getting atm a lot of challenge requests from div2 clans. We are playing in div6.
So if there will be a penalty for clans like us when we reject a div2 clan, then it wouldnt be fair. But i think you understood that already.

Its perfectly fair to get a penalty in that situation.
Say a top div 1 team joins the ladder and no other teams around their skill level are taking part they wouldnt be able to get points unless they dominate teams from a lower skill.

Think of a ladder as a huge open division. You cant expect to have a close game every time.

Mark

Phase

Its just what klu is saying. I accept a challenge, but they added already a date and time in. But then we agree on a different date and time. I need to add this fixture to the calendar and then i can edit it.

Why would you not jump at the chance to play the top teams – learning experience man.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

No man, only play teams you are 100% sure you gonna beat for moar points :P.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

It’s a ladder, teams shouldn’t be choosy about who they play. Whoever is at the top will be challenged by everyone. From my team’s point of view, we’re happy to play whoever challenges us. I’m sure it’ll be a fun game, and if we get beaten we can learn from the experience and use it to help us grow and improve in the future.

I look forward to playing you Koeitje :)

Adiemus

So if there will be a penalty for clans like us when we reject a div2 clan, then it wouldnt be fair.

Is it fair that you have a better rank than those div2 clans in the ladder?

I think divisional startup points were a good idea to speed things up. But now, it will take at least 3 months to get skillwise accurate rankings, maybe even more.

Also, it would be a good idea to count league matches as ladder games by default, maybe with a higher ELO constant as they are more important.

Tikcus

The ladder is supposed to be an easy way to get your pcws into the ETF2L system and as such the rules are slightly more lax.

I agree however that accepted games should be played within say 2 weeks. Ill be adding some automatic system for this to add default dates or whatever. Not sure about a penalty for rejecting a challenge, but accepting then not playing is different. Maybe top x number of clans cant reject a challenge? Thats how it works on clanbase.

Also maps / times are suggested so that you can agree to play whatever you’d like. However that does lead to potential problems as Klu points out

You should be able to challenge a clan for a fixed time and date, if they refuse the challenge becomes an open challenge (option when making the challenge) , increasing the chance of getting a game on that date at that time.

If the clan being challenged can’t play at that time, they should be able to refuse at no penalty, penaltys should only happen through lack of activity

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

If the clan being challenged can’t play at that time, they should be able to refuse at no penalty, penaltys should only happen through lack of activity

I think penalties are only relevant if a team rejects an open challenge after accepting it, or if they’re in the top ~10 teams and reject a challenge. The challenge isn’t for a set time and date, so it won’t be difficult to arrange the game within 14 days.

AnimaL

rofl, why can u get defaults… if team hasnt shown up, go fucking play pcw… points for def wins are fail

JvanW

=[IDK]=
=[IDK]=

del

JvanW

=[IDK]=
=[IDK]=

Maybe you guys have a point there. We are also playing div4 clans atm, sometimes we get raped, sometimes good matches.
I need to give it a try though.

And if i hear the feedback of these guys, then i can say that i would agree with penalty points when you reject. But then the system need to look on how many requests you get and are still open. Or else you cant play it on time.

We are not only playing div6 clans. I understand that you can expect challenges from higher in the ladder.

And that i rejected some clans doesnt mean we dont want to play them, but i had like 9 requests open. So then it is possible that i reject isnt it??

Just an other question. We start with 1000 points, we got till now like 36 points, i saw that we have now like 936 points.
Is the point system changed?? Thought we got 2 points less after 5 days, each day.

ST8

Im looking at skewing the starting positions by the season 6 divisions, but only by a small amount. I’ve set it to 100 which works out to be +50 for div 1 to -50 for div 6 in steps, might help a bit.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 24 Next »