Forum

Provisional Divisions

Created 18th September 2009 @ 09:13

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »

Wiiking

if-you-are-placed-in-a-division-too-low,just-prove-it-by-winning-it-and-you-will-be-all-set-for-the-next-season;)and-if-you-think-you-will-get-bored-and-fold,then-you-shouldnt-partake-in-a-season-based-league-anyhow:P

I saw only 1 playoff in the 1st div > esrael vs shiftplay

If the 3rd place teams are playing off for a pot then why would the 2nd place teams need to?

Netsky

+1 to every single post by mvp
+1 to shintaz

read these again, and you get my opinion, oh and send in an email if you fell placed in the wrong Provisional division.

thanks.

Loco

Mayo

Somebody call the skill police

Bring back winneh all is forgiven

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Here’s an idea. Assuming that the admins have done the best (by and large) with the provisional seedings, yet there remains a conflict between the number of teams that can obviously play (and maybe even win) div 2 and the teams that won hard earned promotion from div 3, I propose that the problem is not with the admins seeding, it’s the league format itself.

Things to ask about the current league format:

– Why does the current structure have 10 teams in Div 1 when, for whatever reason, our scene has a well defined glass ceiling of untouchable teams (Dignitas hegemony, Crack Clan, both TCM incarnations etc)?

– Why would anyone want to watch, or for that matter enjoy playing, Dignitas vs Delirium or Crack Clan vs (no offense, you guys are fucking awesome) eSrael/LOL team?

– What do teams like FakkelBrigade, Imperial, the old Farm get out of Div 1 but losses? Experience? Maybe. Where are the div 1 whipping boys now: imperial, farm, coolclan, redline, delirium, levelup (who didn’t play but clearly could not survive), redline, etc… they all don’t exist anymore. Where are FakkelBrigade? They haven’t played at all since the last season and don’t have a demoman.

– Can we, therefore, have a better division 1 experience AND improved division 2 competitiveness by splitting these groups in some way?

– As a result of improving division 2 competitiveness, can we avoid, where it’s obvious, teams being placed in div 3 who will have an intenesly boring season winning every game in 10 minutes?

I understand that your first reaction to this list will be “Lol, that team in Div 2 is way better than that team in Div 1”, but I wrote this in about 10 minutes, and it’s just a model to explain the system, nothing more. So please don’t nitpick it or misunderstand the point of my post, which is to illustrate an idea.

PREM (each team plays 10 games, each opponent twice, round-robin style)

Afterlife
Crack Clan
Team Coolermaster
Team Dignitas
Vale!

DIV 1

Arm3d/we hurt!
Dead Cows Strike Back
eSrael
FakkelBrigade
I Don’t Know?
LOL Team
Monster Munch
[r@ts]
Rockit
The Devils Rejects

DIV 2A and DIV 2B

Animosity
Carpe Diem
Clones-Inc
Eat them all
Empathy
Hb0da
jAgarna
nfinty esports
Oh My God It Is
OverGame e-Sports
Pancake
Precursors of Death
Resistansen
SHIFTplay
SpecialAttack
Team Empire
Team Fruit
Team Nix
Team Overkill
and a 20th team like Emnity or Paroxysm (if they forgot to sign up or whatever)

Use teams from the waiting list to fill the empty spots in div 3. The size of the league increases from 330 to 335 teams.

I would argue that the teams that won promotion last season have still advanced a skill bracket. From the extremely hit and miss div 3 to my “new” div 2, and from div 2 to a highly competitive group of “new” div 1 teams with both old, new, and promoted faces.

Without going too deep into the nuts and bolts of it, would we have a more competitive/exciting league than what we have now? Just an idea. :)

Memento Mori

^

wut

.____________.

+1 JimmyBreeze

Abunai

+my babies to jimmy

Loco

Mayo

Omg…..someone with a brain and look he ain’t even an admin,, jimmy for president ;)

Kurj

rEJ

Jimmy… I think I love you

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

YES JIMMY

julieN1

cQr

JIMMY GOING AT IT! YES!

+1 to Jimmy!!

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

As a new league admin, it’s a little offensive to be compared to people with down’s syndrome and many other wonderful comments. Part of the job I know, but hopefully you’ll understand that some of us are really trying to help you, not put you into a division you hate.

I have been and will continue to actively look into anyone’s request that they are in the wrong provisional division. Many of the other admins are spending a lot of time doing this as well. Please make sure you get your emails with results/details sent, as requested in the news post, and I can promise that it will be looked at for as long as necessary.

miikka

[MIPC]
[MIPC]

JIMMAAYYY!

+1

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »