Forum

Video ads with instant sound

Created 7th March 2013 @ 15:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Crafz

I demand more transparency about the money flow or adblock will stay on.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Crafz

I demand more transparency about the money flow or adblock will stay on.

The (little) money made from the current ads goes only into ETF2L related activities, mainly into prize pools. I am not going to make a public list what has been paid out and when (no league or site does that), you have to trust me on that or ask the players who won any prizes in the past. If you do not trust me, keep your adblock on.

edited for clarification

Last edited by CanFo,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from CanFo

[…](no league or site does that)

That… is a horrible excuse. Just say that you will not make this public.

Also about the subject of prizes, I thought sponsors brought all the prizes?

Last edited by Casual,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Not all. E.g. for Season 14, ~€500 is sponsored and the rest comes out of ETF2L funds.

Trath

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
The (little) money made from the current ads goes only into ETF2L related activities, mainly into prize pools. I am not going to make a public list what has been paid out and when (no league or site does that), you have to trust me on that or ask the players who won any prizes in the past. If you do not trust me, keep your adblock on.

edited for clarification

I DONT BELIEVE YOU I KNOW U TAKE THE MONEY ALL FOR YOURSELF!!@!

Seriously guys you don’t have to know what goes on behind the scenes, if you really think they taking money to their pocket when they say they don’t, you have trust issues.

Also if they did take some money to their pocket, would that be a bad thing?

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Thanks for the info, CanFo.

Quoted from Trath

[…]

Also if they did take some money to their pocket, would that be a bad thing?

Yes that would be very very bad. This is the part where you’d announce how much exactly you pay out the admins (maybe not to individuals, rather the total sum of money that isn’t going directly towards supporting etf2l itself).

Kaneco

Quoted from Casual

[…]

It’s against adsense Terms of service (and most advertising companies for that matter) to disclose any values to the public. This is not a reasonable request

I don’t need to know how much you make from ads, as long as you’re putting it towards repaying server costs / prize pools.

Spike Himself

TC

People forget that admins are admins because they care about the game and the scene. They’re not there to make money. Jesus.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from Casual

[…]

Yes that would be very very bad. This is the part where you’d announce how much exactly you pay out the admins (maybe not to individuals, rather the total sum of money that isn’t going directly towards supporting etf2l itself).

I’m curious where this bizarre entitlement stems from. Are you seriously comparing not blocking a small ad while viewing the site, to directly donating money?

Last edited by emb,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from emb

[…]

I’m curious where this bizarre entitlement stems from. Are you seriously comparing not blocking a small ad while viewing the site, to directly donating money?

Entitlement to what? Knowing where money flows to in a ‘community driven league’? As Spike pointed out, we have the impression that admins are managing etf2l in their free time (and not get paid for it), yes it would be bad if that was just a front to placate us.

I’m not against making money, just that you’re honest about it.

Netsky

I haven’t even been given a hug in all that time Q_Q and hugs are free!

As far as I can remember the money from ads has always gone into prize pools – in the early days it was to get some prize money for “fun cups” such as scout 2on2 or bball or whatever – now most flows into the regular season.

The E in ETF2L actually stands for Embezzlement.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Casual, are you fo real?

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Spike Himself

People forget that admins are admins because they’re there to make money. Jesus.

I knew it Spike :(

blitzkrieg

trick17

Why should the money coming from the ads be public?
Doesn´t concern anyone but the people who run the site.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2