Forum

[S10] Scheduling System Feedback Thread!

Created 28th August 2011 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

– This is the place to give the admins feedback regarding the new scheduling system.
– The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

New Schedule System
In the past, our weeks started on a Monday. Most of our teams, however, are known to play their games on Sunday-to-Fridays. This season, ETF2L weeks will start on Sunday and end on Saturday (match deadline). The schedule deadlines will now be the Thursday before the week starts, on 23:59 CEST. We hope this will make scheduling matches, as well as default dates, easier to deal with.

Division structure
The playoffs and long season can make fitting the schedule between holidays and exams quite difficult. In an attempt to remedy that, Season 10 will feature divisions of 8 rather than 10. This meanz only 7 match weeks, so we have a bit more time to run the season smoothly.

Ripple

not sure yet if i like the 7 weeks thing, but if it speeds things up and season 11 is there faster, why not.

rytis

PrettyGay

sunday and friday playing officials = baaad :((((

Ghostface

spire

Please stop pretending you guys have social lives, going to the pub on friday/saturday and drinking by yourself does not justify playing officials mid-week.

GangsterAlgot

Quoted from Ghostface

Please stop pretending you guys have social lives, going to the pub on friday/saturday and drinking by yourself does not justify playing officials mid-week.

This, and you can play your games before you go to the pub, for example at 16.00 cet. That gives you well enough time to clear your hangover.

RaCio

GoT²

You dont have to play Sunday of course. But previous seasons a lot of teams did play Sundays, which meant that weeks were broken up by the weekend and that the most usual day to play was 13 days away from when you should start to look at scheduling.

Not too sure about 8-team-divisions, in part since it makes it more difficult for us to be seeded in Div1. On the positive side for that, assuming all signups go according to plan it seems the top divisions will be filled to the brim with solid teams once again.

Rising

21:17

good idea all in all .

but please … not so many team drops then 8(

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Not too sure about 8-team-divisions, in part since it makes it more difficult for us to be seeded in Div1. On the positive side for that, assuming all signups go according to plan it seems the top divisions will be filled to the brim with solid teams once again.

I assume they’ll make more sub-divisions in each division if the numbers get high enough, so I don’t think it’ll be a lot harder to get seeded in your requested division will it?

Keyro

Cheater

Can you please give more details about the default date system ?
Since the deadline for schedule is thursday, when will u set the default date if for exemple there’s nothing on a matchpage ?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Any chance you could set a static default date/time, so that teams having trouble organising games don’t accidentally double book? IE: If its the week 1 game, the default date would fall on the sunday/thursday(whichever is the final day of the “week”) of the week it is supposed to be played at like 8:30 CET/CEST? That way people competing in multiple leagues don’t have to worry about accidentally double booking when their opponents are being dicks.

RaCio

GoT²

Sunday 20:30 is the usual default date in ETF2L

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from RaCio

Sunday 20:30 is the usual default date in ETF2L

I had a few that were much earlier or at odd times. Just wanted to make sure ^^

el 7 de españa

I think you had a great idea with the divs of 8. Now it will be easier to play all the matches ^^

kitas

mi6
BANZAI

I dont like idea with 8 teams in one div, cuz if 2-3 teams drops (thats happens usually) in your division u have to play only 4-5 matches. We can easily finish season till new year. And start another after it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »