Forum

About scheduling default dates

Created 10th November 2010 @ 11:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 Next »

vlad_drac

xoxo

Quoted from RaCio

[…]Read the previous pages there are enough useful responses.
You can scream 6 hours all you want, but it took the team more then 24 hours to even respond to the default date.

Racio, do you realise that this is a self pwn? They took more than 24 hours to reply to the default date set within 6 hours of when you posted it. Indicating that people with real lives need some time to respond to something, ie. not ‘within 6 hours’.

Let’s assume that the team leader(s) didn’t manage to get on that night, that means they can only check the NEXT night which would be……DUM DUM DUMMMMM 24 hours later.

There’s no way to absolve yourself of responsibility on this one – you made a gigantic dripping vagina of a mistake. The ONLY mistake they made is not setting a date for the game. Anything beyond that is entirely your fault.

– Expecting someone to play a game with 6 hours notice – fail
– Expecting a reply in anything less than 24 hours from a team leader – fail. How do you know he was able to get to his pc that night? There’s people playing this game who have kids dude. Maybe you should get a fucking batphone to stick in his house so that he’ll always have a direct line to you.

You fucked up, stop dodging.

Vlad drac smart, vlad drac smart, racio dum dum dummmmmmmm

AnimaL

the fact that admins dodge this and say its his own fault just shows how retarded is etf2l

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Spike Himself

So you’re saying that, because it’s all done in their spare time, and they don’t get paid for it, they have a green light to go ahead and make mistakes? (have to admit I’m not really sure if that’s the case here or not..).

Nah, I’m saying they’re human. They make mistakes, and if they make a mistake on #9 of 18 things that they are spending 3 hours doing, its fair enough, shit happens.

Anyways, still sounds to me like the problem is that the team who’ve been shafted by the decision are arse lazy. There is absolutely no way that in 3 days they didn’t get an opportunity to check the match page.

Tikcus

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Nah, I’m saying they’re human. They make mistakes, and if they make a mistake on #9 of 18 things that they are spending 3 hours doing, its fair enough, shit happens.

Anyways, still sounds to me like the problem is that the team who’ve been shafted by the decision are arse lazy. There is absolutely no way that in 3 days they didn’t get an opportunity to check the match page.

Admins can make a mistake, that’s fine as long as they man up and admit it, rather than trying to defend a bad decision and deflect the blame elsewhere

It’s not an issue of if they checked in 3 days, The default date was giving 6 hours before the game was to be played, so unless they checked in those 6 HOURS they had no chance of turning up to that game.

So unless they had a crystal ball for the 3 days previous, how were they to know an admin would make a massive mistake like this.

everything Vald_drac says is spot on here

RaCio

GoT²

I’m not dodging anything. I already said the default date could have been set better. The default dates were set in a hurry though, as I had to do them in some free moments between studying (the days before had been really busy with some highlander things I had to set). As I’ve said before default dates are usually not set on Mondays/Tuesdays (if set on Monday). So usually things should be fine and problems like this shouldn’t happen. I’m not happy with the time that was set for this case (setting it on Sunday wouldn’t have been practical either though) and that should be it regarding that.

Whether it should be replayed is a different issue as it also concerns the opponent and is up for the other admins to decide.

On a sidenote: I DO expect teams to check their teampage sometime on the evening if you only have 2 valid days left to play your match before the deadline.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from RaCio

Whether the should be replayed is another issue as it also concerns the opponent and is up for the other admins to decide.

Of course they should. That’s what they’re in the league for..

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from RaCio

I’m not dodging anything. I already said the default date could have been set better. The default dates were set in a hurry though, as I had to do them in some free moments between studying (the days before had been really busy with some highlander things I had to set). As I’ve said before default dates are usually not set on Mondays/Tuesdays (if set on Monday). So usually things should be fine and problems like this shouldn’t happen. I’m not happy with the time that was set for this case (setting it on Sunday wouldn’t have been practical either though) and that should be it regarding that.

Whether it should be replayed is a different issue as it also concerns the opponent and is up for the other admins to decide.

On a sidenote: I DO expect teams to check their teampage sometime on the evening if you only have 2 valid days left to play your match before the deadline.

Sounds like you need extra manpower to set default dates.

RaCio

GoT²

Kind of yes. It’s is kind of sad that it has to take up such an amount of time when there are way better things that could/should be done. The week 5 schedule deadline is 2 days away and only 6/165 season 8 matches and 23/128 highlander matches are scheduled at the moment.

ReBoot

[MedS]

Or maybe an automatic setting of default dates, this only requires manpower to set it up and afterwards, it works flawlessly. I often had the case of one opponent (namely us) proposing a date and the others just ignoring everything until the default date is set. So if one opponent suggests a date and the other doesn’t react, the suggested date could be automatically taken as the default date. And if no one cares for the dates, the default date could still be set automatically to “Sunday 20:00 GMT+1” like it has mostly been set manually too.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

An automatic default date script could probably only grab the proposals but few info from the match comments/team pages. Moreover, it does not grab your steam conversations as well :)
Also, it does not have common sense (as if we did LOL)

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from RaCio

The week 5 schedule deadline is 2 days away and only 6/165 season 8 matches and 23/128 highlander matches are scheduled at the moment.

That’s a ridiculous amount of work for you guys and readily avoidable. C’mon peeps, this should be sorted.

Dont know if it’s either desirable to the admin team, (or for that matter possible!), but I’d be happy to work out a batch of default dates to take some of the load of you. Maybe others would be too. Just a thought :)

octochris

(0v0)

+1 on what monkeh said (his second useful post, congrats ;) )

would also be up for helping out with default dates.

Monkeh

Quoted from octochris

(his second useful post, congrats ;) )

Awww, come on! I’m sure I helped someone out once on the movie forum as well!

At least 3 useful posts by my counting!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Monkeh

I’d be happy to work out a batch of default dates to take some of the load of you. Maybe others would be too. Just a thought :)

Same here. Always happy and willing to help people out.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from CanFo

An automatic default date script could probably only grab the proposals but few info from the match comments/team pages. Moreover, it does not grab your steam conversations as well :)
Also, it does not have common sense (as if we did LOL)

Well, scripted default dates are still open for !admin intervention, and might be an incentive for teams to figure out a date by themselves. I think if you look for more incentives for teams to arrange dates (or take the decency to respond to a post on the match page) you can save yourself a lot of effort later on. I think it’s a pity that we even need admins for something as simple as finding a date.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 Next »