x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

I49 23rd August - 26th August - The Official Accomodation Thread

Created 27th March 2013 @ 10:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

One of the ways to ensure you have an amazing weekend at our events is ensuring you get top quality sleep. There are 2 hotel options on site and 1 a five minute walk from the venue for you to get some luxurious LAN sleep.

There is also masses of camping space for everyone who wants to camp.

The Holiday Inn and the International Hotel are both on-site, with Grays Hotel being a small walk away from the main venue. Plus, all these hotels will be offering a discounted rate for Insomnia attendees!

The way the hotel prices work is as follows:

Normally the hotel prices are on a scale, so when there are no hotel rooms booked they are very cheap (just like seats on a flight), but the more rooms that get booked the more the price goes up, so while the first 30 for example are £38, the next 30 are £75, and then the next 30 are £95 etc etc (prices are examples)

So we’ve negotiated a flat rate for everyone regardless of the number of rooms booked, so that everyone would be able to get a rate that is less than half of their usual £135 a night standard rate. To get this special rate, use the promotional code “Multiplay – i49“.

This does mean that those who do book early and get the very first few early rooms will miss out on the cheaper rooms, however this flat rate for everyone meant that everyone wanting a room benefits from the cheaper price, including those that book late. We feel this is a better solution for everyone, but we apologise to those who would have received a cheaper room if they had booked very early.

Holiday Inn – £65.55 per night http://www.southwatereventgroup.com/holiday-inn
One of the two hotels actually on site at Telford, the Holiday Inn has everything you need for a very comfortable LAN weekend. With a discounted rate offered to all i49 ticket holders, you can get your room booked for only £65.55 a night. There is high speed internet access is available in every room, use of all the on site fitness equipment, the sauna, jacuzzi and indoor swimming pool all for an additional charge.

A full English breakfast is £11.95 if brought on the day or £9.50 if brought the night before.

To get your hotel room booked at this discount price use the promotional code “Multiplay – i49” when booking. To book call the central reservation line on 01952 527 335

International Hotel – £55.60 per night http://www.southwatereventgroup.com/international-hotel-telford
The International Hotel is situated next door to The International Centre and has 101 comfortable rooms to make your LAN weekend a rested one. There is broadband internet throughout the hotel, a licensed bar and lounge serving continental breakfast, all day bar snacks and light bites, and is fully air conditional throughout.

A continental breakfast is available for £6.10 and can be ordered at any time.

To get your hotel room booked at this discount price use the promotional code “Multiplay – i49” when booking. To book call the central reservation line on 01952 527 310

Grays Hotel – £61.50 per night http://www.southwatereventgroup.com/grays-hotel-telford
Grays Hotel is a short walk away from the venue, and offers a warm & friendly welcome to everyone who wishes to have that extra bit of comfort for their gaming weekend.

With internet throughout, swimming pool, gym, games room with darts & snooker and an outdoor tennis court, there is plenty to keep you occupied for some time away from the PC.

A full English breakfast is £11.95 if brought on the day or £9.50 if brought the night before.

To get your hotel room booked at this discount price use the promotional code “Multiplay – i49” when booking. To book call the central reservation line on 01952 527 313

Uni Accommodation
We are please to announce that the Uni accommodation has been confirmed and they have a nice new shiny on-line booking system. Head over to their booking website and get your hands on a room for the amazing rate of £21.85 + VAT a night! http://www.estore.wlv.ac.uk/browse/category.asp?compid=1&modid=1&catid=109

The full address of the accommodation is:

University of Wolverhampton Telford Campus
Telford Conference Centre
Shifnal Road
Priorslee
Telford
Shropshire
TF2 9NT
(TF2 9NN for Sat Nav)

Not sure where to go when you get there? Check out this diagram to see where reception is, and the accommodation itself.http://static.multiplayuk.com/images/dump/Uni-Accommodation-Info.jpg

Bookings taken for over 18s only. Full Terms and Conditions can be found on http://www.wlv.ac.uk/conferences

Indoor Resting Area
We are proud to announce the new indoor resting area at insomnia!

The resting area is a space for you to chill out in the evening. 124 spaces are available in the 18+ yr old rest area and 19 are available in 16 – 18 yr old rest area.

Reserve a place in our indoor rest area for when you get tired! Limited space available, first come first serve. Age restrictions apply, under 16′s not eligible.

Ticket’s for the indoor resting area cost £10, to book a space now head over to your event booking page, select the insomnia event and add as an additional service. https://www.multiplay.co.uk/bookings/

Camping
We’ve got a large camp site near to the venue, but please note that camping is on a first come first serve bases and we ask customers to be considerate and only bring tents which are appropriate for your party size.

Most customers do camp at the event and this gives them that little bit of privacy each evening and it’s also the most convenient, meaning you can simply walk 10 minutes away from the venue and be at your tent!

The camping site is located on the local rugby club and has facilities which include toilets. There are showers available at the the Telford international Centre but there is often a queue in the mornings. A good idea is to either get up early to avoid the rush, or shower before you hit the sack.

These facilities are cleaned and maintained during the event by the external cleaning staff, not Multiplay. However if there is a problem with any of the facilities please let our staff on the front desk know.

The camping area is surrounded by fencing and is patrolled by security, the access lane to between the venue and the camp-site will be lit at night but torches are also available for purchase at the tuck shop.

Caravans are allowed on the car park of the rugby club but there are no power or water points available for use.

BBQs are not allowed on the main camp-site, however there will be a small area of the car park which will be allocated for their use.

Note that camping is included in your ticket price, for all BYOC, TUP and weekend spectator ticket holders but whilst we strive to have enough camping for everyone at the event there is a limited number of camping spaces available.

Venue Map
Below is the Venue Layout for the Insomnia Gaming Festival, at the International Centre in Telford. The layout includes the main buildings used for the event, as well as parking, the onsite hotels and the direction of the nearby shops and offsite accommodation. The camping area is now located a short walk away at the local Rugby Club. You can see this location on the Camping Map below the venue layout. http://www.multiplay.co.uk/static/images/iseries/site/i44-insomnia-venue-layout.pdf

Click the image below for a larger version, or click here to download the venue layout in PDF format.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

My advice
If you have the money book the internation hotel as its right next door
If you dont have much money then book the uni accomodation
If you have very little money then book indoor sleeping option and bring an airbed.
IF you have no(va) money then camp!

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Uni Accom is sick and for those that have good friends you can always split the cost of it as you uee a keycard to get in, so as long as you go to bed at the same time you can easily have 2 to a room (good luvk deciding who gets the bed though!)

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

uni accommodation varies, if you’re lucky enough to get a studio flat it’s better than a hotel

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

The promo code for Grays does not seem to be working?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from CanFo

The promo code for Grays does not seem to be working?

Are you booking online or via phone? I’m pretty sure you have to book via phone to get the discounts.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Enef

[…]

Are you booking online or via phone? I’m pretty sure you have to book via phone to get the discounts.

Online. The codes worked for the International Hotel and the Holiday Inn (but they are fully booked) which made me wonder.

Henghast

open
bobs

Glad I saw this, I’ve forgotten every day for 3 weeks now.

The discounted hotels are nearing full capacity. Gray’s is the only one with rooms available and those are single bed rooms at £64.00 with the code. Payment isn’t made until the event so if you’re planning on hotel accom you might want to hurry up.

Xearo

GTD

So what’s the deal with the in-door sleeping area, then? Is it just a room with a bunch of shit beds, or just an empty room with a floor you sleep on?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Xearo

So what’s the deal with the in-door sleeping area, then? Is it just a room with a bunch of shit beds, or just an empty room with a floor you sleep on?

Empty room so ideally bring an airbed/sleeping bag.

Henghast

open
bobs

Don’t forget you chastity belt. Unless you’re curious.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Nymthae

[…]

Empty room so ideally bring an airbed/sleeping bag.

+earplugs, some people dont know how to sleep on their bellies to avoid waking the whole room

Henghast

open
bobs

I wish I could sleep on my back, I find it so comfortable but I can’t ever sleep like that.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from FIR

[…]

+earplugs, some people dont know how to sleep on their bellies to avoid waking the whole room

A Wild Snorlax Appears!

Яyan

Can’t find where the indoor sleepy booking is

Not under additional services

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »