x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

PC Rental in iSeries

Created 29th August 2012 @ 12:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Squirry

nNT ≠

Hello guys. Supossedly I might be going to i49, but I’m travelling from Spain, so I’m not bringing my own computer but I want to play, so I’ll have to rent one pc (not monitor, I’ll bring my own). Anyways I have some questions about rental PC, and I hope that someone who rented one in the past could help me :D

———————————————

*1st. When you rent a PC in iSeries, you have to buy the ticket BYOC or another one special?

*2nd. You can bring the PC to ur desk, but I think you have to pay one deposit, is that true? How much is the deposit? The money of the deposit will come back after LAN, i guess.

*3rd. About deposit, you can pay the deposit in the LAN? Or you have to pay it before the LAN? (like the ticket and the rental itself)

*4th. During your time in lan, you can install any program in your PC. But you have to remove it before finish of the LAN?

*5th. How is the performance in this rented PC’s? The average performance, I mean.

—————————————-

I’ll give u a shout if I have more questions :3
So much thanks in advance.

Last edited by Squirry,

Cauthon

(ETF2L Donator)
prly

Hiya, I rented the pro gamer pc @i46.

for the first question, you need BYOC-ticket.

2nd, I didn’t have to pay the deposit though I had the comp on my own place. The deposit was 200£ and you’ll get it back when you have returned the pc. And you pay it on site when taking the pc (3rd question).

4th, I installed few programs to the pc, but didn’t remove then later, so idk really what’s the politics on that.

5th, There were two kind of pc’s available (straight copy-paste from multiplays site):

Casual Gamer Package: £60
PC Spec: Intel® Core™2 Q6600, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT GFX or higher and 4GB Ram
Monitor Spec: 19″ Samsung/Packard Bell

Pro Gamer Package: £75
PC Spec: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor, AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 GFX and 6GB Ram
Monitor Spec: iiyama 22″ prolite

this was on the i46, so I don’t know about the i49 but I quess it will be like that then also. One better set which costs a bit more and then a one “weaker” and cheaper one.

Hope this helps even a bit.

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Cauthon

Casual Gamer Package: £60
PC Spec: Intel® Core™2 Q6600, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT GFX or higher and 4GB Ram
Monitor Spec: 19″ Samsung/Packard Bell

Holy crap, that such an insane difference in spec’s but so close price, why would anyone not pay the extra to use a nice pc the whole lan?

Squirry

nNT ≠

Thanks for the answers :DDD This would be my first LAN.
Anyways

I didn’t have to pay the deposit though I had the comp on my own place.

Why u not had to pay the deposit? Curiosity :O

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I have rented in the past two events, the service for me has been really poor.

The first time I had two PC swaps on both of my rentals, one of the PC’s “none of us have ever seen before”. The second time I had to get a swap mid way, one didn’t have a hard drive either, but it was ok.

Their service for fixing the PC’s is really good, however their organisation is really really bad, it took me an hour each time for me to actually get my PC and getting told to come back 10 minutes for an hour is really annoying.

Not only that but after going to collect my deposit and being told that they haven’t got my money because people their weren’t following the correct procedure it somewhat worrying.

I would actually prefer to take my own PC next time than to rent one, unless something drastic changes and they actually get their shit sorted, they know how many people have booked rental PC’s they should be there and ready to go for people to collect them.

Squirry

nNT ≠

War, the real problem is , I’d really like to bring my own one, but…I have to fly from Spain, and it’s expensive already, so bringing my own computer would be 2x. I don’t have laptop either, so I have to rent one PC :/

Comedian

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

Holy crap, that such an insane difference in spec’s but so close price, why would anyone not pay the extra to use a nice pc the whole lan?

because they run out of nice PC’s

ash

(Legend)
Pander

Played with the lower spec pc, used chris’ max frames and had 200fps+ constantly. Dunno. Who cares about looks of the game for 3-4days?

Support itself was great, but they were -mildly- overstrained and partially incompetent (not stupid, just lacking the needed knowledge/access rights in terms of lan organisation). Was a bit of a mess, but worked out great for me and sami as far as I can see.

Arriving on Thursday should make things much easier.

My PC had 300+ stable fps on badlands with highframes. I heard a lot of people complaining but I had absolutely no problems with the PC (casual one).

Then again I didn’t need to set it up myself, I had that taken care of :P

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i rented a monitor and a pc
i was really disappointed, because i had like 60 fps with chris maxframes and on my 19 inch monitor (4:3) was a huge scratch right underneath my crosshair

so dunno maybe i was just really unlucky but that was totally not worth the 60 pounds

Squirry

nNT ≠

Other question, if I get my own monitor , I could pay less to rent the PC? I mean, instesad 75 GBP, less than 75 (just if i bring my own)

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Squirry

Other question, if I get my own monitor , I could pay less to rent the PC? I mean, instesad 75 GBP, less than 75 (just if i bring my own)

Nope. I had my own. Still cost the same.

Edit: The rental was a big mess tho, getting told to come back in half an hour, coming back after 2h and then getting told to come back in 15 mins 2 times.

Last edited by MIndYe,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Cauthon

We had 2 of these (bar the sexy monitor :<) for VanillaTV. Awesome machines.

Last edited by Skyride,

Squirry

nNT ≠

One more question, if u have any problem in ur PC, u have to bring it to the support multiplay desk? Or they come to you?

Ps: this questions/ answers are helping me so much, so much thanks in advance.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I went to the help desk and they followed me down, if they had to go back to get something to fix it they would just come back to me. Their ability to fix the PC’s was very very good.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »