Forum

I43 - PC Rental Information!!11oneone

Created 29th June 2011 @ 14:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

European teams rejoice, for there will be PC rental available at the up-coming i43 event in Telford, UK.
When Multiplay announced that the event packing up and moving to pastures new the excitement within the UK scene grew, however the announcement that had the elite of the European scene hot under the collar was the huge increase in the prize fund for the CS:S tournament, now at a staggering £7,500 minimum. The only problem for European sides is that i-series has traditionally been a BYOC event, and lugging computers and monitors across the continent is both tiresome and expensive, as such there was a worry that the event wouldn’t attract as much attention from the European scene as first hoped.

Many major European organisations have since been in contact with the Multiplay staff since the announcement with regards to computer rental but we can now reveal that the service will be available to teams and players alike. There has been a huge amount of interest from SC2, CS:S and CoD4 teams and players around the continent and as such the PC rental will be in high demand, with only a set number – we don’t have the exact amount yet – of PC’s available it will be done in a first come, first serve basis, however priority will be given to both the teams who contacted the Multiplay staff early and teams who are travelling from the continent.

There has been no price announced yet but previous events have saw PC rental cost around the £70 mark for the weekend. We have been assured that the computers will be top of the line and more than capable of running any of the games played at the i-series event.

In Summary:
– PC Rental will be available for European teams.
– No price has been assigned yet but in the past it has been around £70.
– First come first served basis, but priority will be given to European teams and teams who have already been in contact.

I wouldn’t pin your hopes on deffinately getting one but i think theres about 60 pc’s with screen’s available so it may be worth logging a ticket to confirm your interest in one ( support.multiplay.co.uk ) before they make this official and available via the services page to buy.

Hopefully this will encourage a few more to come.

Also watch this space for news of our up coming MPUK online qualifiers again (earlier this time) where 1 team can win free entry to lan!

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Pc Rental is about to go live kids! Foreigners get on it quick!! Really reasonable prices’ also TF2 is in hall 2 anyway near the rental section, plus your team can sit with you in the rental area so all gravy!

We now have a limited number of PCs available for rental at insomnia43 and were looking for players to register their interest!

This rental includes a 19″+ 59/60hz montitor, and the following specification at a minimum:

Q6600 Core2Quad Processor
6GB Ram
HD6870 AMD Radeon Graphics Card
250GB HDD
Windows 7

The additional service cost for these rentals will be £58, and theyll be available from the start of Early Arrival Service. A full BYOC ticket including PC rental will be £150.

Teams who take advantage of this service will be sat within the PC Rental area in Hall 2. For example if you have a team taking 2 rental PCs and 3 BYOCs, the BYOCs can sit with the players renting a machine, but you must all sit in the PC Rental Zone in Hall 2.

To register your interest please submit a ticket on the Multiplay Support Site under Event Enquiries. First refusal will be to European players / teams as we expect high demand due to only 40 machines being available.

http://www.multiplay.co.uk/news/2944-pc-rental-service-register-your-interest

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Some rental pc’s are still available if anyone is interested/in need?

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Is the rental area on the other side of the hall or near the TF2 section?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

near the TF2 section i believe, your tema can also sit with you in the rental section if needed.

Add A Reply Pages: 1