x
Note to all PASS Time Cup Participants: All Mercs have to be approved by your opponent. There are NO Default Mercs in the cup. You are allowed 1 Merc per game. Usual Merc rules apply.

There is also a known issue with the whitelist not working after changing the map, please use rcon tftrue_whitelist_id 14555
x
Dear teams and players, for the upcoming Highlander Season 32 (Summer 2024), we also have a poll form we would appreciate you to fill out to help us make decisions for the season. You can find and fill out this poll form Here.

Forum

Traveling to the UK

Created 13th November 2010 @ 22:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Nivek

epic.

I have just come back from Dreamhack in Sweden with some of the epic.LAN community, which was an easyjet flight from Manchester -> Copenhagen then a train with 1 change to Jonkoping and a short taxi ride to the venue. We all took gaming laptops, but I did the same trip a few years ago with a shuttle and a tft in my suitcase.

If you were going to come to epic.FIVE with its £1000 price pot you could fly to either East Midlands (closest to the venue), Birmingham or Manchester and get a train from there to right by the venue!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Steve

I just would like to know how Europeans get to the UK (and back).
I’m not talking about going by plane but about going there by boat or train

I know there is some train that goes from France to (I think) London.. but there’s also lots of boats/ferries coming and going to/from Belgium, Netherlands and possible France?

I’d like to know which one people use or prefer so more Europeans (including me) will be able to attend at an I-series LAN and have a great time
Also the costs of it etc, which is cheapest?

When I travel to the UK, I take the eurotunnel train that goes from Calais to Folkestone (I get to Calais by car etc). Depending on how long you intend to stay for, this costs anywhere between 60 and 240 euros (return ticket). Basically, if you staying longer than 48 hours, take the ferry instead – it costs roughly 120 euros (been ages since I last used that so I might be incredibly off).

Train through channel tunnel @ http://www.eurotunnel.com/
Ferry @ http://poferries.com/

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2