x
Note to all PASS Time Cup Participants: All Mercs have to be approved by your opponent. There are NO Default Mercs in the cup. You are allowed 1 Merc per game. Usual Merc rules apply.

There is also a known issue with the whitelist not working after changing the map, please use rcon tftrue_whitelist_id 14555
x
Dear teams and players, for the upcoming Highlander Season 32 (Summer 2024), we also have a poll form we would appreciate you to fill out to help us make decisions for the season. You can find and fill out this poll form Here.

Forum

Traveling to the UK

Created 13th November 2010 @ 22:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Steve

I just would like to know how Europeans get to the UK (and back).
I’m not talking about going by plane but about going there by boat or train

I know there is some train that goes from France to (I think) London.. but there’s also lots of boats/ferries coming and going to/from Belgium, Netherlands and possible France?

I’d like to know which one people use or prefer so more Europeans (including me) will be able to attend at an I-series LAN and have a great time
Also the costs of it etc, which is cheapest?

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Neem in Brussel-Zuid de Eurostar naar London?

Phrozen

?

Jet ski across the water then fly across the countryside with your magical powers.

Steve

Quoted from Warmaster

Neem in Brussel-Zuid de Eurostar naar London?

ik neem amper de trein dus weet daar amper iets van maar bedankt, wist dat niet eens

herpderp

DAKKA

Of de Veerboot van Oostende -> Dover

Der gaan er ook een paar uit NL, maar die zou ik niet aanbevelen. Vrij duur ook. Wij zijn vanuit frankrijk gegaan met de veerboot vanuit Duinkerken naar Dover (was het goedkoopst & korste reistijd).

Steve

Quoted from herpderp

Wij zijn vanuit frankrijk gegaan met de veerboot vanuit Duinkerken naar Dover (was het goedkoopst & korste reistijd).

traveling time and costs?

(at least keep it english for non-dutchies)

Last edited by Steve,

Biohazard

IDK

If you can drive:
http://www.norfolkline.com/ferry/?campaign=searchgoogle&gclid=CLKvw8CMoKUCFYE14wodShTJIw

Ferry from Dunkirk to Dover for 20 pounds (car + 4 people) is a bargain

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Never been to England but I think I’d take the Eurostar.

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/be/leisure/travel_information/before_you_go/fares/brussels_to_london_ashford.jsp

Unless there is a noteable cheaper option.

I took a boat from Harwich (England) to Hoek van Holland before, overnight. 11pm to 6am or so.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

The cheapest option would be by bus :) A return ticket to London for around about €30 (for me at least, from Amsterdam). Of course you have to be up for that :)
http://www.eurolines.nl/

Squeak

The boat to dover is pretty cool though, you could go with Eledorian, everyone goes with him! ;)

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

The cheapest option would be by bus :) A return ticket to London for around about €30 (for me at least, from Amsterdam). Of course you have to be up for that :)
http://www.eurolines.nl/

I did that for i37, fucking horrible. Had 6 border checks in total, because I’m from Amsterdam… Because of that, we missed two Eurotrains and had an extra travel time of over 4 hours. Which resulted in missing my bus to Coventry from London. And that was the last direct connection, so had to switch busses two times. While carrying 2 bags and a PC case.

Conclusion, I arrived too late for early bird check-in. Thank god I had Tapley, Nitro, Lofty, Gibbz and Infusion (great guys), else I had to put my tent up at night, in the rain, after no sleep at all and had to sleep with my PC in my tent.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Quoted from Qun

[…]
I did that for i37, fucking horrible. Had 6 border checks in total, because I’m from Amsterdam… Because of that, we missed two Eurotrains and had an extra travel time of over 4 hours. Which resulted in missing my bus to Coventry from London. And that was the last direct connection, so had to switch busses two times. While carrying 2 bags and a PC case.

Conclusion, I arrived too late for early bird check-in. Thank god I had Tapley, Nitro, Lofty, Gibbz and Infusion (great guys), else I had to put my tent up at night, in the rain, after no sleep at all and had to sleep with my PC in my tent.

Worked fine for me for i39. Only border control was at the English/French border, before getting onto the ferry (no eurotrain). We actually arrived ahead of schedule. I would do it again, no problem. (Not taking a PC case though, just a laptop.)

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]

Worked fine for me for i39. Only border control was at the English/French border, before getting onto the ferry (no eurotrain). We actually arrived ahead of schedule. I would do it again, no problem. (Not taking a PC case though, just a laptop.)

My only option was the train :( Not doing that anymore, just taking the plane or car for i42/i43.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

For the TCL we drove from dover in england then ferry to callias france and then drove to holland, thats probably the cheapest option but probably the slowest, road trips are always fun if you’re not on your own though :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »