x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

What happened to setinfo name?

Created 30th June 2010 @ 06:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

What happened to setinfo name?

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Got taken out when the css patch came out afaik, theres a name enabler floating around which lets you change it (addon like prec) but that got disabled on css recently so I don’t know its situation for TF2

Oscar

Cheers

Removed an exploit that allowed players to change their in-game name outside of the Steam Community

Appears in the most recent CS:S update as an Engine change.

hapha

A very late reaction to players taking advantage with symbols/colours etc which you couldn’t otherwise do through your steam settings iirc. It was removed during the css update)
edit,ninjah’d

Last edited by hapha,

Stew

R.I.P. setinfo name. We had fun while you were still with us. We will always remember you. ! :(

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Oscar

[…]

Appears in the most recent CS:S update as an Engine change.

I think that was the name changer addon though and not the command, I think the command got removed before that on the first CSS mac patch (I also think the name changer addons still works on TF2 but not css)

(I might be saying a load of bullshit and be totaly wrong)

Last edited by Jims,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Jims

I also think the name changer addons still works on TF2

It does indeed :)

Hunt3r

LAME

remember the patch on june 23rd wothout any patchnotes?
well here they are: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/June_23,_2010_Patch
and it says:
Console command: setinfo name xxxx no longer works.

Skyride

DUCS

Why? wtf is the point in that?

compton

cvx|

Quoted from Skyride

Why? wtf is the point in that?

banned.

-anakin

eXtreaL

That sucks..

Piggeh

Poo
Poo

this is the link to the name enabler http://didrole.free.fr/Name_Enabler/Name_Enabler_0.6.rar
it still works =]

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

The notes also say “Fixed a known bug with the chat box where no messages would appear until the player sent a message. ”

LIES!

It got removed because it allowed to to bypass getting muted. Not sure how it worked but when muted, using setinfo_name caused the mute to disappear.

eoN^

Why didnt they just make muting use peoples steam id rather than name then? Fucking daft valve is daft.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »