x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 116 Next »

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

That’s because you have the german version and the dxlevel is set to 8 in this config.
Thats a well known bug if you use that combination.
Even after removing the Launch-Option for DX8 it won’t reset to 9, you need set a launch option for dx9 once.

WLL

Und whats the command for dx.9?^^

Ltk

Well I am using the fps config with combines fps and quality.
But if there is coming a train on freight the lamps are not flashing, any way to fix that?

kim

idd.

Quoted from WLL

Und whats the command for dx.9?^^

-dxlevel 90,95 or 98

you’ll have to google for the differences, if you’re not sure what one to use just go with 90

WLL

Aaaah thank you <3 :)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from CUBE

[…]
Hmm strange because I used to use Quantums config on my old pc with directx8 and I didn’t have that problem?

It’s a bug with dx8 + mat_specular 1. If you run the two in a combination you get fire textures, but mat_specular 0 makes the ubers less obvious at a distance.

Ltk

I use highframes.cfg,
but the lamps of the trains are not falshing any way to solve that?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Ltk

I use highframes.cfg,
but the lamps of the trains are not falshing any way to solve that?

Look left, look right, look left :D

Waster

Only the lower lights arent working for me on well.

octochris

(0v0)

Don’t have a sufficient Win machine here to test it, but are you sure that is not a bug with dx8 itself?

You can test by:

1.) deleting autoexec.cfg
2.) running with -autoconfig ONLY
3.) closing tf2
4.) running with -dxlevel 80 ONLY

franco

fps_max 119

any reason for this value?

Ltk

well i didn’t have to problem befor i started using your config, so i guess not

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from franco

fps_max 119

any reason for this value?

120, you mean, and yes, see my previous post:

Quoted from octochris

[…]

120 is a good limit because it makes the framerate more stable assuming that you can go /over/ 120fps (because it doesn’t slow down the progression of the next frame, that’s a bad explanation that’s not technically correct but you should be able to understand what I mean), and because pretty much nobody here has a monitor over 120hz.

It is best to have your framerate capped at a stable point that you are unlikely to go under, but make sure it is something above cl_cmdrate. 120 is fine.

Quoted from Ltk

well i didn’t have to problem befor i started using your config, so i guess not

Well, were you using dxlevel 80 before?

Ltk

yes

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Ltk

yes

Well, at the moment I have no Win machine to test it on, but I will take a good look through my cvarlist tomorrow and see if I can work out what’s going on.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 116 Next »