x
ETF2L is looking for new Staff to recruit! Are you interested in supporting the league? Then click here for more details on what we can offer and how to apply! 

Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 116 Next »

Anathema

Suggestion: add mat_specular 1 instead of 0 to all configs.
May just be personal preference, but I found it near impossible to see which opponents were ubered with specular set to 0.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Anathema

May just be personal preference, but I found it near impossible to see which opponents were ubered with specular set to 0.

It is 1 on all except maxframes…

Anathema

My point exactly ;)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Anathema

My point exactly ;)

Maxframes is exactly that — maximum frames. It turns off everything which is not completely essential and lowers everything that it can.

I will add it to the FAQ if you believe that people won’t actually know how to change it.

mrwhizz

Gonna try this one out later.

lork

Quoted from Anathema

i hate shiny ubers, specular 0 ftw

The Beau

DStM

Ok Chris, just tested out those commands you gave for shadows and yep, they worked.

Thanks again. :)

F2

Danmark

Using the maxframes config I was able to join a tf2 server on my almost 4 year old macbook with integrated Intel GMA950 graphics (which is below the minimum requirement for TF2). It was completely unplayable and the graphics was faulty, but my only goal was to get the earbuds which I did. Thanks! :>

Here are some pictures of it: Pic1/Pic2/Pic3/Pic4

bìester

Quoted from F2

Using the maxframes config I was able to join a tf2 server on my almost 4 year old macbook with integrated Intel GMA950 graphics (which is below the minimum requirement for TF2). It was completely unplayable and the graphics was faulty, but my only goal was to get the earbuds which I did. Thanks! :>

Here are some pictures of it: Pic1/Pic2/Pic3/Pic4

n1 ^^

octochris

(0v0)

On the 18th I am going to Switzerland to do some consulting for a few months — long story short, I’ll be able to get my hands on some potentially decent mac desktops and might be able to make configs that work on them, if that would interest you macfags.

Would this interest anyone? If not, I won’t bother.

compton

cvx|

Quoted from octochris

On the 18th I am going to Switzerland to do some consulting for a few months — long story short, I’ll be able to get my hands on some potentially decent mac desktops and might be able to make configs that work on them, if that would interest you macfags.

Would this interest anyone? If not, I won’t bother.

highly interested macfag here

RareSpycrab

nvm i really should test things i read on the steam forums.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from RareSpycrab

Quick tip chris. The new max mat_picmip is 4. That should increase fps a bit more.

It was always max 4 — it is still limited by sv_cheats to 2 ;)

Snyyppis

RLM

Yo chris a small problem here: I’m using moreframes and some hats and medals appear to have a firey surface to them (i.e. orange with black spots). It’s kinda disturbing so any idea how to get them to show correctly.

Might’ve been mentioned before, cba to go through all the pages, sorry :/

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Snyyppis

Yo chris a small problem here: I’m using moreframes and some hats and medals appear to have a firey surface to them (i.e. orange with black spots). It’s kinda disturbing so any idea how to get them to show correctly.

Might’ve been mentioned before, cba to go through all the pages, sorry :/

That’s a directx8 bug, nothing to do with this config specifically. Gabe’s fault.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 116 Next »