Forum

[Highlander Season 6] Provisional Feedback

Created 16th February 2014 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 16 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

This is to provide feedback on any announcements for Highlander Season 6. This topic will be heavily moderated since it is intended for serious discussion.

Please try to provide constructive feedback. “Remove x for y” is not very helpful.

Last edited by Permzilla,

yak

DUBSTEP
Gungaginga

Remove lakeside + barnblitz. Replace barnblitz with swiftwater/borneo.

TviQ

ft.

Dont ever add swiftwater if you even had a half of a brain you would realise how fucking dogshit it is

Python

No lakeside and barnblitz please.

Candle

Please, no swiftwater/borneo/coalplant/ashville..

I actually think Lakeside and Barnblitz are pretty good, this is pretty much the perfect map pool.

Happy to see both Baby Face’s Blaster and Crita-a-cola banned, really :)

Last edited by Candle,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Remove process and gullywash

Replace with anything

Quoted from yak

Remove lakeside + barnblitz. Replace barnblitz with swiftwater/borneo.

Pls no. Keep lakeside + barnblitz. Remove gullywash and replace it with something else.

Last edited by Solid,

Zimmer

Process and lakeside are cool.

Quoted from Permzilla

Please try to provide constructive feedback. “Remove x for y” is not very helpful.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Maps are really good, probably the best choice you can get but the only criticism is there is no difference from last season. I like the idea of introducing one new map a season, even though I would say all the map choices are the best available, since Lakeside, Process and Barnblitz (probably the weakest choices) don’t have better alternatives.

If you have to make changes, I’d recommend trying Warmerfront or something for Process, but ultimately I don’t think there are any better maps.

Munky

AEUGH

Would say the same thing I did last season. No need for two AD maps and the points awarded for each gamemode is off.

14% KOTH, 14% 5CP, 29% AD, 43% PL

Though it isn’t the maps chosen but the way 5cp and koth have to split weeks which causes the issue in terms of points.

Zimmer

Am I the only one not a big fan of both Steel and Gpit in the same season ?

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Way too early. I expect many wildcards in the first week because of 6s. Also this might make a slight blow to the wireplay league.

Finally a ban on The Crit-A-Cola. The Reserve Shooter just needs some working on (e.g. you get mini crits in stairs).

The Diamondback got banned because Inso would go too huge on it?

Also freeing the The Huo-Long Heater was a good decision, even though i don’t know much use it will see.

Map pool looks good, even though pl_barnblitz_pro4 is not the most enjoyable experience. Maybe give the newest version of cp_croissant a go?

ondkaja

IKEA

It’s not too early, it ends before the summer which is perfect. Just get rid of the catch-up week, at least in prem, and make that time for play-offs instead.

Fuxx

REMOVE

6s maps should be reserved for 6s unless the case is exceptional enough.

Gullywash and process tend to be more unorganized clusterfucks that do not, in my view, deserve the right to be called ‘competitive’ in the Highlander scene. I simply do not see how you can compare the general cohesive feeling of competitive these two particular 5CP maps with the others in the pool. Gullywash might have some salvation but process is the worst offender in the way that it reduces matches to be… well, it’s not entirely easy to describe and I’ll admit that renders my argument more subjective than objective.

Think of it like this: In payload you see defenses being set up and offensives planned out. In KOTH you can see how both teams are reacting to each other’s advances. You have a dynamic going on which makes the game enjoyable for both the player and the spectator. 5CPs however tend to be a chaotic tug-o-war that are more stalemate-y than anything else. I don’t think I’ve ever played a single process match in which any team scored more than 3 caps (most matches I’ve played ended in a simple 1-0 after 30 mins passed) and by contrast I’ve rarely played gullywash matches in which one team didn’t just outright steamroll the other 5-0.

It simply does not feel right for highlander.

edit: by ‘5CPs’ I refer to these two particular ones and “6s maps” in general. Cp_Steel is a great map for HL and we sure as Hell need more creative signature maps like that.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 16 Next »